Chapter 20

I wake up to Corey placing butterfly kisses all over my face. I grab his face and pull him into a kiss. Our tongues dance with one another as he pulls me closer. I let out a small moan as his hands squeeze my hips. We pull apart to breath. He places a peck on my lips before moving back.

"What do you want to do today?" He asks me.

I let out a small sigh and snuggle into him. "Honestly, I just want to stay here and spend time just us."

He wraps an arm around me, "I think that could be arranged. If only we didn't have to see Lola and Mack today to get things from the wedding like photos and videos."

I close my eyes and bury my head into his chest. I feel his chest vibrating with laughter. "Do we have to? I'll have to face the family again. Molly will be there, and I don't want to go just have an argument or accusations thrown my way."

Corey starts rubbing my arm comfortingly, "Don't worry. Mack texted me saying if Molly starts, he'll get them to leave. It's going to be fine; I've got you; Mack and Lola has got you covered too."

I let out a hum before kissing his cheek and getting up. I feel Corey slap my ass as I walk past. I send him a sharp glare over my shoulder, he just smirks at me. I grab some clothes and head to the bathroom leaving Corey to get dressed.

I have a quick shower and get changed. As I rub my hair with a towel, I look in the mirror. How can one look so happy when their family is disintegrating around them? I wipe my face then throw the down in the wash basket. I head downstairs to find Sophie in her work outfit drinking her coffee.

"Hey dear, how are you doing today?" She says coming over and giving me a hug. I hug her back.

"I'm doing better. I think I just needed to sleep on it," I say to her as I step out of the hug and over to the cupboards to get a bowl of cereal for both me and Corey.

I hear her sit down at the island, watching my every move carefully. "I guess Corey has always been good at cheering you up," Sophie says.

I let out a hum in agreement, "I guess so. Mainly because he used to be the one making me upset."

Sophie and I laugh. "That's true. My son had used to be a bit mischievous; he gets it off his dad." Sophie's face falls as she says this. I place my hand on hers as I sit on one of the bar stools opposite her. "Thank god you were there to stop him turning into his dad completely."

I give her a small smile, "That wasn't me. You did that. I still don't think he knows what happened. Dad told me and to be honest I lost a bit of respect for Kian."

"We did agree on not telling either of you. I guess that was wishful thinking. Tell me you won't tell him. Corey loves his dad with all his heart and looks up to him," Sophie says.

"I won't," I say. Corey comes in looking at us suspiciously. I hand him the bowl of cereal and he starts eating, still looking at us suspiciously. "You alright?"

He nods his head, "yeah, what were you talking about?"

Sophie laughs, "Girl talk. Now I better get going and I'm sure you two have to unpack Clara's stuff before heading to Mack and Lola's." She literally runs out of the room.

Corey waits until the door shuts, then comes over and stands behind me. I can feel how close he is without looking. I continue to eat trying to ignore him however when he leans over me to put his bowl down, I can't help but stop eating. I try my hardest to get my brain to focus on eating.

"So, what exactly were you talking about?" Corey whispers in my ear. His mouth stays next to my ear, and I find it hard to breath regularly. He places a hand next my bowl on the table. I focus on my food and not his attempt to get me to spill information.

I slowly move a spoon of cereal to my mouth, when I feel his other hand move from the back of the chair to the middle of my back, "what are you doing?" I breath out before shoving food in my mouth.

The hand moves slowly to the small of my back. "Nothing, just watching my beautiful girlfriend eat," he whispers.

"You do realise it was just girl talk right," I manage to breath out, "She just wanted to know how this happened, so I had to tell her what we told everyone else."

I feel Corey nod, but he doesn't move. I lean away so I can see his face. He looks at me for a few seconds before kissing me.

He turns my chair and stands between my legs. I wrap them around him pulling him closer. His hands slide down my back to my ass squeezing my cheeks as he lifts me up.

I pull back and look at him, "Your baseball practiced pays off. I'm guessing you want to have some fun before unpacking."

He pecks my lips, "you know me so well. This time we won't have any interruptions."

I place a figure on his lips, "don't jink it." He kisses my finger before I move it and reconnects his lips with mine.

We somehow make it upstairs to his room. Our tongues dancing with each other as we try to savour the taste of one another as if we won't get a chance again.