Chapter 16

It's been a week since the wedding. I've been with Corey more and more these past few days. Where I've spoken to my family less and less. They haven't spoke to me much either. I think they believe Molly. I've spoken to Diana and Brianna but that's all.

I slump my head onto my desk with all my work on it. I'm way too stressed out to do all this. There's a knock on my door before it opens. I don't look at who it is because I honestly could care less.

"Guys I think she's dead," Harmony announces. I hear two more people come in. Someone lets out a laugh then a whack is heard shortly after. I feel someone's hands on my shoulders rubbing them soothingly.

"Nah not dead, yet," Charles laughs earning another whack. Which leaves Corey rubbing my shoulders. I don't move as Harmony and Charles start bickering. I can feel Corey chuckling at their comments and if I wasn't stressed out I'd probably be too but you know.

I let out a sigh and the bickering stops; I sense someone crouched down next to me. Then hand is placed on my arm, and I try not to flinch. I can feel Corey move away.

"Hey, it's ok Clara. Get this week done and you can go see your parents and that," Harmony tries to comfort me. I let out another groan.

"Harmony, maybe mentioning her family isn't the best idea," Corey says. I know Harmony's glaring at him.

"Why not?" she asks him with a slight edge to her voice.

I lift my head up and turn my chair so I'm facing Corey and Charles. When I look at Corey, I know he can read my emotions clearly like I can read his. He is visibly worried, and he's also upset himself.

"I haven't spoken much with them since the wedding. Diana and Brianna told me that they've been speaking to Molly a lot and agreeing with her about the bridesmaid thing. They believe it was my idea even though it was Lola and Mack. I don't want to go back but I have to," I shrug.

They all look between each other. I know they are trying to think of a solution. My phone rings and it's Brianna.

"Hey Bria," I say putting on a fake happy voice. I shove her on speaker.

"Hey, I'm calling to warn you. They're on about bombarding you when you come home Saturday," she says.

"She isn't coming home Saturday," Corey buts in, "She's staying at mine as, Mom wants to spend time with her." I see him pull out his phone to tell his mom the plan.

"Alright I'll tell mom for you," Brianna tells me, "And you need to chill out sis you sound like shit."

"Brianna!!" I hear mom shout in the background.

"Oops got to go," Brianna says before ending the call.

I see Charles trying not to laugh again and I send him a sharp look to tell him to not laugh. It does the opposite, and he lets his laughter fill the room.

"Mom says it's fine. We'll have to explain why you're avoiding home when we get there," Corey says looking up from his phone. I give him a thankful smile as Harmony nudges Charles to tell him to shut up.

He does then get up with a determined face, "you know what, let's go out and go to that pub around the corner."

Harmony shakes her head at him with a small smile on her face, "You just want to get drunk."

Charles just shrugs. I share a look with Corey then we stand up in sync. Harmony lets out a loud sigh. I think she's giving up on us by now. I grab a top out of my wardrobe and go into my bathroom away from everyone. I change and make myself look more presentable.