Chapter 10

I haven't spoken to Corey in two days because he's ignoring me again. I've just finished work and Lola insisted I come over to hers. When we get into her apartment, it's empty. I just sit on the settee and Lola sits next to me.

"Alright what's going on between you and Corey? Harmony informed me that you've not spoken in a few days," she says. She's acting like we're actually in a relationship.

I just shake my head. She just gives me a look that makes me want to speak to her. I look around the room before turning to her again, "You can't tell anyone what I tell you. Especially Mack."

She grimaces a little, "How come?"

"Because the only people that know is me, Corey and Carl. Carl only knows because I made him let me go on break when I thought Corey entered the shop seven months ago," I explain.

She sighs, "You should know that Mack is with Corey right now. Corey might tell Mack anyway."

"He won't," I tell her firmly. She nods to say she'll keep it a secret. "About a year and a half ago, me and Corey reconnected. That is what everyone knows. The part they don't know is that his old friends was on his back constantly about girls, so he asked me to fake date me for a few months. I agreed because I knew he'd help me out if I needed it."

She nods processing the information, "How did it go?"

"It worked well. Then he admitted to his friends that it was fake. His friends spread it round the two schools, and it didn't ruin him but me. I was struggling a little and I told him what happened, and he just shrugged saying he'll try to stop. It did and we grew close," I sigh.

"Close as in friends?" she asks. I shake my head. "That's why you were fine when we questioned you two about doing relationship things and making it believable." I shake my head with a frown on my face on what happens next.

"We even did it for real then he broke it off after 3 months through text and wouldn't speak to me for a year. He blocked me on everything, and I hadn't spoken to him. He never did explain everything and is trying to sweep it under the rug." I explain.

"Now I'm sort of happy you punched him," she says with a frown on her face, "I can see why he wouldn't tell Mack. So, what's this got to with you two not speaking?"

"He found out that something happened and then asked why I didn't tell him, and I told him that we weren't speaking because he was ignoring me. He snapped at me. Literally saying I bring it up all the time. Which I haven't unless you count when we met up at the beginning," I tell her getting more annoyed.

The door opens and Mack walks in with Corey. My face hardens into a glare. I can feel Lola tense before she gets up and walking over to Corey, "I'm trying to decide if I should slap you or not."

I get up and pull Lola back to the sofa. Mack looks shocked and confused but Corey just gulps. They sit on the other sofa next to us. Mack rubs his hands together before rubbing them on his leg. Corey is trying and failing to look calm, but I can tell he's nervous.

"Well, what's with this tension?" Mack says with a nervous laugh at the end.

Lola rolls her eyes with a smile before turning to me, "you don't need to stay if you don't want to. This was meant to be an intervention but if you don't want to its fine."

I shake my head. Corey mouths she knows at me and I nod. You can see it click in his head that Lola is angry at him from what I explained. I sigh and get up. I look at Corey as I head into the kitchen and shut the door.

He opens it and closes it after he enters. I really am not in the mood for his excuses. I lean on the counter trying to keep myself from losing it with him. I try to read him, but I don't know what's going on in his head. I'm sure I'm transparent though.