Chapter 6

I enter the boutique and see the bridal party waiting. I sit in a seat as my phone goes off. I pull it out as I see a text from Corey.

Where are you and what time you getting back?

It's a secret and in about an hour and half

"Who are you texting?" Freya asks wiggling her eyebrows.

I roll my eyes as Lola appears, "her boyfriend probably."

"Who's your boyfriend?" Willow asks.

Lola chuckles, "You know that groomsman you thought was cute?" The girls nod and gasp.

Freya looks me up and down, "how did you score that? he seems like a player?"

Now I chuckle, "Yeah, he used to be. We've known each other since we were little. Our dads are like brothers, so we obviously grew up together. We were friends when little then grew apart when clicks started. Then we started to get close our final year again. Then there was an incident and sort of departed. Then about seven months ago we bumped into each other reconnected and then one thing led to another, and he asked me out and we're still together."

Martha starts awing while Lola just has a proud smile on her face. Freya still isn't convinced, "Does he know about this?" She gestures around her.

I shake my head, "That's why he's texting. Wondering why I'm not at the dorms."

Freya nods. I know she's going to be one of those seeing to believing types of people. I check my phone to see his reply.

Common shortcake I thought we didn't keep secrets

Well, this one isn't my secret so...

"Right girls your turn to search for a dress," Lola shrugs taking the attention of me and my 'relationship'.

I begrudgingly get up and head over to one of the racks. There's a plethora of dresses in this one rack, I'm not that type of girl who wears dresses so I have no clue what would be suitable. Lola motions me over to her.

"Nice story," she says pulling out a dress and looking it over. She pulls it out and shoves it into my arms. "I think it worked and that dress looks perfect for you."

"It wasn't a story, that's the truth well more or less. And you know I know zilch about dresses," I tell her. She shoves me into the nearest dressing room, and I slip on the dress.

It's a very light blue and is longer at the back then the front and is off the shoulder. It has a gold belt that's adjustable and a gold trimmed neckline. I look in the mirror and I'm shocked. I walk out and the others are waiting with one of the workers.

"That looks great," Freya says before turning to the worker, "what sizes is it in?"

"I'll have to measure you first, but I think it'll work for you three," she says with a small smile. She goes to get a clipboard and tape measure before setting it down. I go to change into my clothes and out of the dress.

Lola and Martha are discussing the dress and prices and everything. The worker is getting it all ready. While Freya and Willow are getting ready to be measured.

The woman gathers our attention, "I just need to know when's the wedding and do any of you plan to get pregnant or add or lose weight."

I shake my head, "No, but I do oddly lose weight without trying as I have a fast metabolism." She nods and gets me to go first. She notes it down and don't say my numbers out loud but has an impressed look on her face. The others go and her, Martha and Lola all talk money.

Freya and Willow talk between themselves, so I pull out my phone.

Whose is it? Who do I need to bother?

No one that you know

Please

No, I've got to go see you later

I look up and Martha is smirking at me and sits next to me. I give her a small smile as I put my phone away.

"How hard is it hiding it from him?" She asks me with what seems like a knowing smile.

I let out a small chuckle, "it's ok when he isn't pestering me about what it is."

Martha laughs as Lola goes over to talk to Freya and Willow. She comes over to us straight after. Freya and Willow follow, and Freya looks miffed.

"They've already got yours," she tells me, "The dress company gave them two of the same sample dresses, so you've got yours."

I give her a small smile, "so we just wait for them two." I gesture to Willow and Freya. Lola nods and we all head out.

I drive to the dorms and as I pull up, I see Corey's car. I climb out and look in to find him asleep in the driver's side. I knock on the window, and he startles awake. He looks at me annoyed and I give him an innocent smile. I move back so he can climb out.

"So, you decided to wait here for me huh?" I ask him, smiling sweetly.

He rolls his eyes and just grabs my hand then uses it to tug me into the building.

Stacey is on the ground floor with Sam and her boytoy. Stacey see's Corey and walks straight over blocking his path.

"What are you doing here hun?" She asks trying to shove her body as close to him as possible. Corey takes a step back and shoves me in front of him. I turn and glare at him.

He decides to wrap his arms around my waist as if I'm a human shield. Stacey notices me and then looks at him hands then back at me. Her face turns disgusted.

"Oh hun, you can do much better than Clara," Stacey says, "she's from the rougher parts and not to mention Northern."

I let out a small laugh at Stacey. She just glares at me. Corey takes one look at my face and holds me tighter.

"Sorry but you should know that I lived around the corner from shortcake," Corey says. Harmony and Charles choose this exact moment to walk in.

"Oooh, Stacey is about to get a beating," Charles says in a sing song voice. Stacey glares at him and Harmony returns a glare to her.

"Wow, you managed to get someone as bad as you," she chides.

Corey rolls his eyes, "you know I'm the only thing stopping her from beating you up right."

Stacey gapes at him. Sam decides to come over and her boytoy joins her like the lost puppy he is.

"Stacey, come on we've got better things to do then talk to these," Sam tells her friend.

Stacey shoots Sam a quick look. "I'm just trying to figure out why he thinks she's going to beat me up. She's 5'3 and can't even hurt a fly. Also how did these two get guys like them."

I roll my eyes and try to break out of Corey's hold which he just holds me tighter.

"Because Stacey. We are better people, you know. We don't actually go for every guy we come across," Harmony says before turning to me and Corey, "let her go and show Stacey how dangerous she actually is."

Corey shakes his head, "No way. I might have earlier but not now. She's pissed and she won't have control."

I turn in his arms and face him. I tilt my head to the side to which he just nods. How can he read me so well? I guess he thinks I'm the same as I was two years ago, which I am a little. I hear Stacey start talking but I block her out. I notice that we're actually really close. A lot closer than I originally thought. I know Corey noticed as he has a small smirk on his face. Stacey storms off and I quickly move back so I'm not so close to Corey. I face Harmony and Charles who are smiling at us.

I walk towards the stairs and head up to my dorm. Thankfully alone. Why was he so close? It's meant to be an act. And why did I actually like it?