chapter 2

It was a new day. I  was surprised at how well I slept. I usually can never sleep unless it's on my bed. I got up and looked at the time. it was 6:30. I wanted to wake up earlier but sleep got the best of me. I fixed her bed and took out an outfit for myself "first day of school". I laughed as I had a lot of "first days" at new schools. I went and took wudhu and prayed. after I finished her morning duas' i showered. it was now 7:30. I had an hour and 15 mins to get dressed and get to school. I sat and put on my fav bath and body lotion "midnight" it was scented therefore I didn't need to put on perfume. I didn't want to smell too good. when I was finally finished I got my bag and my phone and walked out of my room. it was 8:15. I had time to go and down and get breakfast. I went down to the main hall and got a coffee and a croissant. then I started her walk.
- - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It was my first period. I had a math class and I came to class at 8:48, approximately 2 mins early.

"As-Salaam Alaykum," the teacher said

"Wa Alaykum Salaam," I said quietly. I walked into the classroom. everyone was staring at me.

" you must be new, what's your name?" the teacher said looking at me

"Ameera" I muttered of course I was new, seeing I was the only face she didn't recognize.

"This is math class, and I'm your teacher. My name is  Macalin Asmaa" and I just smiled.

" nice to meet you macalin Asmaa"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
classes went by quickly. most of my teachers were pretty nice and made learning quite easy. it was lunchtime now and we were all at the cafe. they were serving rice and chicken. I sat by myself and took out a granola bar and started reviewing my math homework because I knew if I didn't do it now I wouldn't do it later tonight. I wasn't the best at math, the course was quite hard for me but I could get through it if I paid attention. I finished the paper and as I was going to put it into my bag to give it to the teacher I bumped into a girl. 

"hey! watch where you're going" as she looked down on her ruined clothes.

"you walked into me what are you talking about ?" I looked at her "so you watch where you're going." I picked up my paper and started to walk away

"ughhh" she screamed.

I went up to my math teacher Miss. Asmaa " here macalin, I finished the homework early," I said as I handed it to her. " wow Ameera they're all correct," she said while she looked at the paper. I was quite happy, I couldn't take credit for it bc how she taught was amazing. she went through it step by step and explained it so well, "okay I'll put it in your grade thank you" she said. and I just smiled and walked away.
- - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

it was finally near the end of the day. I had one more class to go to. my Islamic studies class.

" As-Salaam Alaykum" the girl greeted me as I walked in

" Wa Alaykum Salam," I said and took my seat.

"you're the new student right ?" she started. I never knew how much you can get tired of a sentence in a day.

" yes," I said as I took out my notebook and put away my phone.

" How are you liking the new school"

" it's not bad," I said smiling.

" yeah it's not too bad I guess," she said " my name is ceren"

" Ameera," I said as the teacher walked in. I stared at him. he was going, younger than the other teachers I'd met today.

" yeah he might be good looking but he is the meanest and strictest teacher here," Ceren said