chapter 3

today I woke up for fajr and decided to not go back to sleep. it was now 5:50 and I was so bored. I decided to get into the shower. I washed my hair and now letting it air dry. I put on lotion and got out my clothes for the day and it was still only 6:50. time was going by so slow. I decided to review the Hadith the macalin wanted from us tomorrow. the past three days were pretty good. I and ceren got super close and we were together until like 2 am last night.

"ughhhhh omg" i groaned as i hit my foot on the kitchen sink. why? you might ask i was trying to take wudhu before getting ready so i didn't have to do all the work later.

"Ameeraaa" ceren said as she knocked on the door obnoxiously.

" i'm coming hold on" i said as i put in my prayer hijab, just in case someone was passing by.

" i need help with the hadith , maclin wants it from us tomorrow and i only know a little" she whined.

i laughed and said " you're only think about this now ?!, why didn't you practice all week."

" i don't know , please help me." she pleaded.

"okay let's go i'll help you, let's make it quick tho it's, we have to go in about a hour." i said.
————————————————————————————
ceren finally left and and it was time to get ready for the day. i just chose to wear something very simple today. i wore a plain black abaya with a autum orangish scarf and a flannel to match. i wore my all black slip on vans. i ate a granola bar and filled up my water bottle and started walking to my class.

"Salaam alaykum Ameera" the teacher chirped happily.

" wa alaykum salaam" i said smiling. " how are you"

" oh i'm great actually." she said to me then turned to the class. "i have a suprise for you all today" she said and stayed quiet for 2 seconds. "we have a pop quiz" and everyone groaned. why did i think it'd be something good.

she passed out the quiz and it had only 5 question. it was about sin cos sin and tan. we've been learning it so it wasn't that hard. we finished the quiz and she started the lesson for today
———————————————————————————
my next class was biology and believe it or not i actually loved the class. but today the teacher wasn't here and the islamic studies teacher was here to sub for him. surprisingly he had a bachelors in biology.

" as salam alaykum class, i'm going to be subbing for macalin mohamed today !"

" some of you guys might not know me so lemme introduce myself. i'm Ammar Aslan. i'm the islamic studies teacher here actually. i see some familiar faces here"he said as he looked around the class. soo after he started the class and the rest was a blur.

i actually liked macalin ammar, he was a amazing speaker and he taught very well too. he also was pretty young.

————————————————————————————

i was so embarrassed, i just got my period and it was 10 mins before macalin Ammar class.i didn't want to be late but i also need to change. i ran to my dorm and changed and by the time i came back to class i was 15 mins late. i knocked the door. and there he was. he opened the door and looked at me. he didn't move so i wasn't able to come in.

" why are you so late ?" he said.

" i had something i had to tend to." i stated. i wasn't going to tell him i got my period. " can i come in?"

" actually no, go back where you were, since it seemed more important then your class." he said coldly and closed the door in my face.

" what ?" i said to myself and tried to knock the door again. he opened the door.

" what?, can you stop disrupting my class." he said

" it was as a emergency really. i tried to get back here on time." i said honestly. i wasn't going to try to get in trouble my first week.

" okay, come in, just be aware that you have detention today. come up during lunch" he said as he fully opened the door. i rolled my eyes and came in and sat in my seat. everyone had their eyes on me. i breathed out and looked at ceren.

" what are we doing ?" i asked as i opened my book.

" we're going over the hadith he wants from us tomorrow" he said as she looked down.

" first you come in late then disrupt your classmates ?" macalin Ammar said.

" i was" i started as he cut me off.

" i didn't ask all that, just stop talking." he said as he went back to teaching the lesson. i was trying really hard to be respectful. out of respect for my father but he was pushing me. there was no need for that. i changed my mind, i don't like him.

" okay" i smiled. trying to stay calm.
————————————————————————————
TW: RAPE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT.
the class went by so slowly. it was now lunch and i had to stay for detention. it was me and 2 other students. the class was so quiet. the macalin was on his computer doing god knows what. i had a question. earlier in class he said it's better for women to stay at home and not work because it's not safe for them. the reason being so they don't get sexually harassed, assaulted and raped. and if they were to work they should work somewhere islamic or a islamic place. i went up to his desk.

"As salam alaykum" i said.

"wa alaykum salam Ameera what do you need"

" i have a question about what you said earlier, when you said women shouldn't work."

"yeah ofcourse you do, what's the question?" what does he mean yeah ofcourse you do..

"okay i'm just gonna ignore the first part but , you said women shouldn't work here meaning the west or non muslim countries because they can get hurt and basically it isn't safe right ?"

" i said that it's better for women to stay home and it'd be better to work in islamic countries if you do work but keep going.." he replied

" okay yeah , we'll i have something to say about that."
he hummed meaning for me to go on.

" whether women work in america or in a muslim country it's still not safe for them. meaning they'll still get assaulted and raped. and some women need to work it's by necessity. and let's say they do cover up and are modest that won't change anything either.( AN: i used covering up because that's a lot of men's arguments) because women that are covered head to toe are still raped and children are raped too. meaning it's actually a mans problem." i said

" that's true." he said

"we're always so used to telling women to do thing to keep them safe or less appealing to men so they don't get kidnapped or, so men don't do anything. but why not just talk to the men? And why not tell them to simply control themselves and not do anything they don't have permission to do. it's so normalized that when women are assaulted and raped people ask what we're you wearing or what did you do when in reality we should be asking the men why did you do it and punish them." i said.

he just stood there speechless. or maybe was just trying to think of something to say. after a while he stood up" what you said is correct 100 %" he said softly

" yeah i know." i smiled.

" you know , i never thought of it that way, like why we always blame the victim and ask what they were wearing."  he said still in thought.

" yeah it's so normalized, that it doesn't seem weird that we ask that first, but even if they're half naked it shouldn't matter." i said going back to my desk. starting to pack up my stuff.

" it really shouldn't." he said again as the bell rang.

"i have to go to class. i'll see you tomorrow Inshaa Allaah"

"Inshaa Allaah". he said quietly.
————————————————————————————
AN: so how was this chapter?!?

i actually had this kind of convo with my macalin, and while ago. but then i had nothing to say. i felt i should talk about this more often bc ITS NOT YOUR FAULT! it's not. we're used to victim blaming and it's not okay. men need to learn that no means no. and vise versa.