chapter 6

and here I was crying in my room because no one believed me. and I usually wouldn't care but I did nothing but try to be good in this school and not get kicked out for the sake of my father. but then, of course, Celine had to go lie about me. I heard a knock on the door and decided against opening it. I was mad at everyone.
*flashback*

"yeah I found the test in her bag, it was hidden between her papers"

shocked was the only word that explained what I was feeling as I walked inside the office

" come in Ameera, we were just talking about you." said the principal. I stood there confused as they all stared at me.

" what are you talking about ?" I asked.

" do you recognize these papers?" he asked. holding up a key for the test we recently just took.

" no what is it ?," I asked.

"You should know, given it was found in your backpack. " the principal said

" What? ," I asked, I was so confused

" Ameera cut the crap, that's the key for the test and I found it in your bag" Celine jumped in.

"that' can't be true, and why are you going through my bag anyways ? " I yelled and started walking towards her.

macalin Ammar stood in front of me. "stop it. Ameera. just admit it."

I was shocked. surprised even. they didn't believe me. yes, I was a troublemaker but I was also well off in school. I never needed to steal a test key to pass it.

" you're not serious are you ?" I faintly smiled. " you guys believe I stole this key?" I started yelling grabbing the paper and throwing it across the room.

"AMEERA STOP" the principal yelled. " it's one thing to cheat on an exam and to trash the principles room too? I called your father he's on his way here. you're out of this school pack your things"

"what ?!" I looked over to Celine and she was smirking. " why do you automatically believe her? you guys didn't call me in here to ask me you guys already had your mind made up! i didn't steal the key, wallahi i didn't."

" don't use Allaah's name in vain ameera" macalin ammar said.

" i didn't steal the key." I screamed and walked out of the room. I was furious. how could they do this. my father was coming. I tried so hard, so hard so I wouldn't disappoint him. but then this happened. I went outside and sat on a bench for a breather and after a couple of mins, I see my dad walking up to me.

"I didn't do anything, I promise I didn't baba," standing up.

" Okay, okay let me talk to your principal we'll talk later," he said tiredly. I felt so bad. 30 mins passed and he came out rubbing his temple.

"come on Ameera we're leaving," he said disappointed.

"I swear it wasn't me this time. baba please tell me you believe me" I pleaded.

"I don't have time to argue with you, come on let's go home," he said dismissively.

" baba please say something, tell me you believe me," I said trying to see what he was thinking.

" Ameera you wanna know what it thinking, I'm tired, I'm tired of you getting kicked out of schools and blaming everyone but yourself. take the blame for once" he yelled and as soon as he said that my heart broke. "I won't even be mad, tell me did you cheat on that exam" he continued. and there I started crying.

" I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING" I screamed. " no one believes me but I didn't wallahi I didn't. for once I wanted to stay at this school you know. I enjoyed it. and then she lied about me.  it's all lies and no one believes me." I said and slammed the door as I went in.

the car ride was quiet and the tension was so thick it could be cut with a knife

"I talked to the principal, we agreed you'll be suspended for a week and clean the bathrooms instead," my father said and I just ignored him. after a while I said "I'm not cleaning any bathrooms IDC. and he just stayed quiet. when we got home I ran up to my room and here I was now.

* flashback over*

"Ameera it's me," the maid said. "dinner is ready," she said as she walked away. I was in my room for like 2 hours and was thinking the whole situation through. I felt bad for my father so I decided I was going to apologize to him. I had seen him so disappointed and it hurt me. I went downstairs expecting to see him at the dining table but he wasn't.

" where's my dad," I asked Amina, our maid.

" he's in his office, he was pretty upset," she said. I sighed and made him some food and decided to bring it to him.

*knock knock*

"come in," my dad said through his office.

I slowly opened the door. " hey baba" I said softly "I brought you some food"

"I'm not hungry," he said dismissively. he was still upset.

" okay. I want to talk" I said as I set the food down.

"Ameera can't you see, I'm busy right now" he sighed

" Okay I'll talk and you listen please baba, I want you to understand it wasn't my fault."

he took off his glasses and put them on the desk, telling me to proceed

" Okay I like this school you know, I enjoy it. wallahi, I didn't steal the key. I'd understand anything but why would I cheat?" I said in a breath. " that girl who reported to me her name is Celine, she hates me. IDK why maybe it's because I get better grades than her. at first, she tried saying I didn't belong here and making fun of me. I didn't entertain it because I didn't wanna end up fighting her. I was thinking of you. I was tired of disappointing you so much. I didn't want to get kicked out. so then one day she said I cheat when I got a higher grade than her in the Islamic studies class. and then I ignored her. I never argued back and then she said she found a key in my bag. why would I steal a key? and why would I keep it in my bag after the test even if I did? and then they just didn't even ask me they said I stole and went with it! they believed her without even asking me." I finished off

he looked at me like he was studying me and sighed. "I believe you all of it, come here," he said I walked into him hugging him. " and I'm not disappointed in you, I love you so much. and I appreciate it for you thinking about me."

" you know I tried so hard," I said my voice cracking. "and I'll do the bathrooms, and take the suspension"

"thank you, stop crying Ameera," he said amused. " it's fine"

"But I'm telling you now if something happens it's not my fault. she's been testing me ever since I came to the school," I said after a while.

" come on Ameera, try just a little bit more, she wants you to get kicked out don't let her succeed in doing that," he said

" that's true, I won't entertain it. but I can only endure so much," I replied

" that's true, but just know I love you either way," he said." and let's go eat dinner, I'm starving!" he yelled.

soon after we went done and ate dinner and I promised myself. I'd try my hardest to don't let her get to me.
—-——————————————————————————
Well, that happened... ugh celine we hate herrr !!

but thank you guys sm for reading. don't forget to vote and comment