vii. she was in the spotlight

I wake up in the afternoon with a headache, must be the alcohol that I drank last night. It felt like it didn't even affect me because of the shit that happened, with Taehyung and with Jimin and with everything!

"Gosh, it hurts." I drank some painkillers and plop myself back to my bed and went through socials.

I stopped scrolling and landed to a picture of Taehyung posted by Hyunri.

hyun.ri

Liked by p

Liked by p.jm, jung_kook and 112 others

hyun.ri — he woke up, made me breakfast, and went back to sleep. ig that's how he is.

— view all 20 comments
sol.lee: omg just put a ring on it @tae
hyun.ri replied to sol.lee: doesn't sound like a bad idea if I'm being honest.

Why does it feel like I'm close to losing? Losing to what- you may ask? Well, I have no idea as well, what was I even fighting for?

My pathetic self have decided to checked the comments which left me nothing but an aching feeling. I was reading some more until a message popped up. It was from Jimin.

CONVERSATION
with JIMIN

JIMIN
Hey! So when do you plan
on giving my coat back?

JIMIN
Cause I think now would
be a great idea! Let's do
it on breakfast or lunch. Idk.

JIMIN
Have you eaten yet?

JIMIN
How does that sound?
I'll pick you up.

YOU
I would love th-

I was going to agree but then another messaged popped up from a different person. I checked the I.D and to see it was a message from Taehyung.

My eyes lights up and cdisregard my conversation with Jimin, leaving him on seen and went straight to Taehyung.

CONVERSATION
with TAEHYUNG

TAEHYUNG
Can we meet up?
Maybe get something to eat?

YOU
How about Hyunri?

TAEHYUNG
She left for work.

Jimin, you'll understand me, right?

YOU
Sure!

YOU
You'll be picking
me up?

TAEHYUNG
No, it's too much of a hassle.
Just get a cab.

YOU
Oh.

YOU
Okay.

I shake it off it was always like this anyways.
It's fine he is probably busy or the traffic is really bad, or- something! It's fine.

But just the thought of having breakfast with him gets me excited. It feels like going out of my cave after being hidden for so long. I can finally go out with him in the daytime, plus over breakfast? This is what I was always so eager for.

I got dressed in a floral wrap dress and put on some light makeup. Something different as they always see me in nighttime outfits. I booked an uber and took me to where we were supposed to meet.

I reached my destination, paid the driver, and went inside. I scanned the area and saw Taehyung in a table, my face lights up with joy as I hurriedly made my way.

As I sit down, I observed that there was a plate of food for me while Taehyung did not have any. Maybe he already ate? Still, how sweet of him.

"Ooh, my favorites!" I said and began to eat but as I look closer to Taehyung he looked gloomy and serious. I put my fork down. "Tae, is something wrong?"

Taehyung took a deep breath, "Let's stop this."

"Wh-what?" I say in disbelief. He told me to meet him up only for him to say this?

"For good, this time." he firmly said.

"But- why? What for?"

"Do you really have to question it still? This is not the first time but this time it will be for good."

"No, I fucking get it Taehyung but just like other times you had a reason. So what is your reason for ending this after using me?" I tried to keep my cool, but my clenched fists says otherwise.

"I want to marry Hyunri."