xv. he was a distraction

"Wh-what?"

"Aye! I was just kidding!" she flapped her hand, "You should've seen the look on your face!"

I playfully hit her shoulder, "You're so annoying."

She giggled and went back to the topic, "We're on break, Taehyung and I."

I paused, "A br-break? Why?"

"Just because. Things have been hard on us both so we decided to have some space from one another."

"But— he was going to propose. Right?" I blurted out but got a weird reaction from Hyeri.

"Propose? How would you know?"

"You said it! You saw a ring or something."

"Oh, that." she sighed heavily, "I honestly thought so too, I guess I was wrong."

I just nodded it off and continued to finish our ice creams. Time passed and we decided to part ways. We said our goodbyes and I decided to go to a grocery store to get some stuff to stock up on.

Jimin messaged me once again.

CONVERSATION
with JIMIN

JIMIN

JIMINDoes it look aesthetic?

JIMIN
Does it look aesthetic?

YOU
How did you even get that
shot so high up?

JIMIN
Jungkook lifted me up.

YOU
Thought so.

YOU
But why oranges?

JIMIN
We went to a farm and
picked out some fruits!

JIMIN
I was gonna give you some
but we ate it all, sorry.

JIMIN
Oranges are cheaper these days,
don't forget to buy some! They're
sweet!

YOU
Aw, you didn't have to!

YOU
I'll take note of that :))

I found myself smiling stupidly in the middle of the aisle as I read our conversation. It was sweet of him to even think of me at that time. I place my phone back into my pocket and continued to do my grocery shopping.

Grabbing those I needed or was about to run out, until I stopped and looked to my right— oranges.

"It wouldn't hurt to buy some." I muttered under my breath and bought some to snack at home. I proceeded to check out and went home.

I place the groceries into their respective space and got dressed into comfier clothing. It was a lazy day for me as I didn't have any plans nor did I want to get out. I just planned to watch movies and eat the night away.

But the doorbell disturbed that thought.

With confused thoughts, I immediately checked my phone to see if I have missed any messaged of people saying they were going to visit—none.

"Ugh— who decided to came unannounced?" I groaned and dragged myself off the sofa.

"Coming!" I said as I walked to the door, scratching my scalp in annoyance.

I opened the door.

Kim Taehyung?