Bring You Back

Akari's POV:

"Took you long enough. I've been waiting for you to wake up."

I blink my eyes rapidly, trying to shake off the hazy fog in my head.

I look around at the dirt path that I'm on, recognizing it immediately.

The smell of cherry blossoms surrounds me as I take in the beautiful trees along the path.

Tiny flowers float down to the ground as the wind blows lightly, shedding the trees of the small buds.

I look over to my left where she has her eyes closed and her nose high in the air, taking in the familiar aroma.

My sister.

She opens her eyes, tilting her head towards me.

"You've kept me waiting." She giggles.

She reaches her hand down to me as she helps me up from the ground.

I can't take my eyes off of her as I stand up beside her.

She tugs lightly on my hand and we start to walk down the dirt path that we used to take years ago.

My legs move without having to be told as I blink through the tears, trying to grasp the image of my sister beside me.

"You shouldn't be crying." She says softly, squeezing my hand in hers.

"I thought you'd be happy to see me." She teases me. I quickly wipe at the tears falling from my eyes.

Her voice is so sweet and comforting. I've missed hearing it.

"You look the same." I manage to choke out.

I look down at my own body, searching for the wounds I had before I went unconscious but to my surprise, everything looks fine.

I look back up at her with wide eyes, panic stricken as I touch my midsection where I had been stabbed.

"Kakashi." My voice is barely audible.

She pulls me close to her and puts her arm around my shoulder.

"Relax. You're going back to him." Her thumb rubs tiny circles on my arm.

I look at her, waiting for an explanation as to what's going on.

"Consider this a dream." She smiles brightly at me, giving me a wink.

I look at her blankly before I break out into a fit of crying giggles.

"I'm not dead?" I wrap my arm around her waist and place my head on her shoulder.

"No way kiddo. Your life is only just starting. You've got a lot left to live. I'm not stealing you away from him quite yet." She chuckles.

"You're just popping in for a quick visit." She laughs.

"Speaking of Kakashi though, I need to have a little chat with him." She raises an eyebrow at me as I feel my cheeks flush red.

"Yeah, about that." I rub the back of neck awkwardly.

She smiles softly at me before looking forward on the path.

"He loves you so much."

I look down at the ground, trying to swallow the lump in my throat. He must be in so much pain right now.

"I promised I would never leave him and look what I've done. My poor baby. Look what I've done to him." A tiny whimper comes out as I think about how he must be holding up.