𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

♔

I've always loved the beach. Living by the ocean had always been a dream of mine, somewhere I'd like to have a family. 

After the devastation at Hogwarts, there was nothing more Draco and I wanted than to get away. His parents begged him to come with them, but after a fight with them about it, he declared himself free.

I said goodbye to my friends and they knew we weren't coming back. I would see them in the future, but for now, we needed to leave. 

Harry understood especially, wishing me the best and making sure to hug me tightly before I left. I spent extra time saying goodbye to George. Saying goodbye to him was like saying goodbye to Fred, and I needed to do that. 

"It's time to go," Draco said to me after I made my rounds, putting his hand on the small of my back. I nodded, looking up into his ocean-blue eyes and seeing safety.

"Alright," I nodded, and he smiled. "Where are we going?" I asked, and he shook his head. "I'm not telling you, it's a surprise until we get there," He said. 

"I don't like surprises anymore," I said, and he chuckled. "You're going to have to tolerate this one, sorry," He said, and I sighed. I wasn't going to fight him on this, all I wanted was to be with him. 

It didn't matter where. 

"Come on," He said, taking my hand. He used apparation and in the blink of an eye, we were elsewhere. I took in my surroundings, noticing a certain smell in the air that excited me beyond belief. 

"The beach?" I asked, and he nodded. "The beach. Scotland to be precise," He confirmed. I went outside of the lovely beach cottage, looking around at our personal spot in front of the cliffs and I grinned. This was where we could just be together. This was all we needed. 

I turned back to him, joy evident in my gleaming eyes, and I sighed happily. This was a drastic change from everything we had endured so far, but it was surreal.

"I love it," I said, and he smiled down at me. A real, genuine smile. I hadn't seen one of those on Draco in a long time. 

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" He asked with a chuckle, and I smiled wider. 

"I love seeing you smile," I said, and he covered his hand with his face as he chuckled embarrassedly. 

I pulled it off his face and smiled up at him again, able to fully take in his beautiful features now. We made it, and I could see in his heart-melting expression that he knew it too. We went inside and immediately, I saw something that warmed my heart. 

"You didn't," I gushed excitedly, rushing over to the familiar house-elf holding my black cat. "Winnie," I breathed, happy to see her. I hadn't know where she had been, and this was our second reunion now.