𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

♔

The next few weeks were sad ones. I spent no time with anybody outside of Blaise and Draco. I was afraid of what they would think of me if they found out about my Dark Mark. 

Ron, Harry, Hermione, and I talked infrequently during any classes we had together, but that was maybe five minutes maximum.

I spent many nights with Draco. It was easy considering Daphne and Blaise had finally realized how they felt about each other. They went to Hogsmeade together and eventually began dating. 

They slept in Daphne's and my room while Draco and I spent our nights in Blaise's and his room. It worked out pretty well actually. 

Of course, we were dating and spent... intimate... time together pretty often. 

We were always safe, of course. 

Draco would go to repair the Vanishing Cabinet often as well. I would do whatever I could to help, but this wasn't my task. I could not fully understand what had to be done, and I couldn't insert myself into something that was not mine to partake in. 

He was grateful for my support, though. I sat with him and watched him work. 

One day, Draco decided to work on the cabinet alone. I was going to come with him, but he insisted I didn't. I decided to get food from the Great Hall instead, and upon arriving there, I saw hardly anyone at the Slytherin table. 

I sat down, taking a red apple from the bowl and rubbing it to make sure it was clean. 

Before I could even take a bite, though, Harry sat down abruptly across from me. "Hello?" I greeted him questioningly. 

"I have to speak with you," He said, and I nodded. 

"Go for it," I said, and he looked around nervously. 

"I have to... warn you. I feel it's only right I tell you this," He said. 

"Spit it out, Harry," I chuckled. He took a deep breath and straightened his posture. 

"I think... I think Draco is a Death Eater," He whispered. Internally, I was frozen, but outwardly, I was keeping my cool. "What? That's ridiculous," I said, dismissing it entirely. 

"I thought so too, but he's been acting so weird lately. Surely you would've noticed, aren't the two of you... a thing?" 

"We're together," I corrected him. Not in a sassy way, but just to inform him. 

"Right, you're dating. You really mean to tell me you've noticed nothing strange about Draco within the past few months?" He asked, and I pretended to think about it. 

"Honestly, no. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I'm sorry, I'll be sure to talk to you if I do notice anything, though," I assured him, lying straight through my teeth. 

He said nothing else but looked at me oddly. "Alright then," He said, quite downcast and possibly a little suspiciously. 

"See you around, Maggie," He said, getting up and walking out of the hall. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and I bit into my apple.

If only he knew Draco and I were both Death Eaters now. 

He would probably run away screaming, not sit down with me to chat. This was a whole other problem of mine. Of course, it wasn't the worst thing ever, but I was insecure about the fact that I was now technically the enemy. 

It hurt to know that if Harry, Ron, or Hermione knew the truth, they would never look at me the same way ever again. 

What would Fred and George think of me? 

I hadn't spoken to them for so long. They graduated last year, so I had no time to talk to them even if I wanted to. 

I wondered what they were up to. 

I wandered back up to Draco's room and settled in for the night. It had gotten late and he was nowhere to be found, but I figured he had things to do.

He had been avoiding me all day, but I tried not to let that go to my head. I stopped overthinking and nuzzled under the covers, getting comfortable. 

Soon enough, Draco walked into the room. 

Well, more like burst in. 

He was in a bad mood, that much was obvious. He threw his stuff down onto the floor and kicked his shoes off. His uniform was next.

"Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not okay," He huffed angrily. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, trying to help, trying to comfort him. 

"Does it look like something I'd like to talk about?" He snapped at me, and I rolled my eyes. 

So much for that. I chose to ignore him for the rest of his hissy-fit, so I rolled over and stopped speaking. I laid there for a little while until I heard him walk toward the bed. I guessed he would just get on his side and leave well enough alone, but soon enough I saw his gray sweatpants come into my line of view on my side of the bed.

I didn't sit up, I just continued to lay where I was. 

"You're just going to sit there, are you?" He asked roughly, and I groaned. I sat up and looked at him with furrowed brows. "What?" I snapped. 

"What do you mean, what? I came over here and you flat-out ignored me," He said.

"Yeah, I know. I was there," I said with the slightest bit of attitude. I wasn't mad, per se, but I was slightly pissed. I was allowed to be, anyway, he had acted so dismissively earlier. 

I met his eyes and tried not to look down at his bare torso, keeping my focus and concentration on his face. 

"I didn't ask for that tone," He said, coming closer and looking down on me. 

"I didn't ask for you to be a dick," I shot back, fighting fire with fire. 

"You really don't know when to shut your mouth, do you?" He asked, and I scoffed. "I fucking guess not," I huffed, turning my face away from him. 

My indifference didn't last long, however, and soon my jaw was in his large hand, forcefully being pulled back to look at him again. 

"So that's how you want to play, love? I can work with that," He said, his eyes darkening. 

raaaaaaaaaaa raaaaaa RAAAAAAAAAAAAA we're past 30k and #6??? i think???? yeah #6 ranking under "oc" which like... is a biggie to me. tysm i'm blushing y'all.