Chapter 9

Hey Yoongi, Taehyung

I can't accept this.

True love for both of you starts with each other, and I shouldn't intervene. Neither of you has romantic feelings for me, so I won't force you to. It's funny how warm a letter can be when you open it. You're a good man mail boy.

Thank you for giving me a home to come back to, but I want to start on my own journey. I went down the wrong path. It's my fault. Being with me could spark traumatic memories, and I don't want to affect you like that. But if you're still willing to be friends, then I want to start again as friends.

I'm sorry for letting you down before, and I don't want to let you down again. I can't let myself crawl back into my dark place and possibly hurt you worse than last time. I hope this is understandable.

I love you guys very much, remember that. Stay healthy. Stay happy.

Jungkook.

Yoongi finished reading the letter, tears dripping from his eyes. "So you really have changed."

"Yoongi." Taehyung wrapped his arms around his shoulder. "Are you okay, sweetheart?"

"I-I'm fine, Taehyung. I'm just really worried for Jungkook, that's all." He wiped his face. "He's maturing, finding his own self-worth, but I can't forget who he used to be."

"Yoongi, it's better this way. Jungkook's right." He sighed. "I know you feel a deep love for him, but it has nothing to do with romantic feelings. If we let him venture on his own path, he will grow. I promise you that."

"I'm going to miss him, Taehyung." Yoongi sniffled. The brunette gently played in his hair to help him relax. Those tears didn't suit him. They showed not a bit of joy.

"Hey, Yoongi?"

Yoongi's attention was fully on him, eyes dim and pink. His small lips pouted. "W-What is it?"

"I love you."

"I know that already, Taehyung. I love you too." His eyes trailed to the side.

Taehyung chuckled lightly. "That's not all."

Yoongi raised a brow.

"Pass me your left hand."

He gave him his hand, and Taehyung took out a black box from his pocket. There was a diamond ring inside, which he took out and slid it on his second-last finger.

"Taehyung, what's this?" Yoongi asked, observing the rich jewellery in front of him.

The brunette laughed lightly. "It's a promise ring."

"Promise ring?"

"It means I promise to propose to you and then eventually marry you." He felt a little nervous. "I want to marry you one day, Yoongi. Is this okay?"

Yoongi jumped into his arms and clenched him tightly. "It's perfect." His nose scrunched from all the intense emotions. "You're perfect. Thank you, Taehyung. Thank you so much."

Taehyung felt wet patches seeping through his shirt. He let him hold onto him for sweet comfort.

"I love you so much, Taehyung." Yoongi muffled, barely audible.

"I love you too." He whispered. "I love you so much, Min Yoongi."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Taehyung walked through the halls of the mental-health clinic. A young man around Yoongi's height, dirty blonde, wearing all white, was seen in the distance. On his face was a pair of large, round glasses.