Chapter 12 - Scare

Two weeks later, on March 31st, I walked into the hospital and talked to the nurse. I was FaceTiming Calum since he had to go on the rest of the tour with the boys they were in Liverpool now. I asked if she had any information about Mireyah. At that time, Sam walked in with a man beside her. I inferred that it was probably her husband, Evan. They walked up next to us and asked the nurse the same thing.

"Well, Miss Jones, I am so sorry to say it, but your daughter passed away last night.." The nurse told us. I looked at Calum on my phone in shock, then we both broke down crying.

"And Mr. and Mrs. Hooks, your daughter is doing way better than she was. It is noted here that you still won't be able to take her home for another while, though," The nurse said to Evan and Sam.

"That doesn't seem right.. Mireyah was doing way better," I cried.

"Wait, your daughter is Mireyah?" The nurse asked.

"Yeah, why?" I sniffled

"They must've put her last name as Hooks instead of Hood.. She's the one that's doing better." I was so relieved.

"But then that means Abigale passed away..." Evan was worried.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Hooks, but yes.."

"We were g-going to take h-her home s-soon.. I have n-no idea what hap-pened," Sam cried.

"Mrs. Hooks, her lungs broke down. They stopped working. I'm so sorry," the nurse told Sam, frowning.

Sam just didn't say anything and cried. Evan cried too. I felt so terrible..

------

Later on in the afternoon, I called from my cell phone in the hotel to ask the nurse when we would be able to take Mireyah home.

"When were you due with her?" She asked me.

"Um.. June 21st" I told her.

"You'll be able to take her home around then, but by the way she is progressing, maybe even before that. She needs to be able to stay warm in a crib, eat and breathe safely, and grow. We will see how she's doing with that every other evening."

"Thank you," I was so happy that Mireyah was doing better.

"You're very welcome."

I hung up, then FaceTimed Calum. We started talking, and he asked me if I got any more information.

"I asked her when we could take Mireyah home," I told him.

"Ooo! What did she say?" He wondered.

"She told me around my due date with her, which was June 21st. She said that we could probably take her home before that because she's progressing very well," I then explained to him about testing her on the different things.

"That's great! I'll be in Atlanta then, but you'll have to wait until they say it's safe for her to fly, then you will have to take her home. I'm so mad I won't be able to be there with you when you do take her home.."

"It's okay, Cal, I'll Skype you a lot, okay?"

"Okay" he smiled. This was going to be great, being able to take Mireyah home sometime in June. I know that it's about 2-3 months away, but I was still excited.