Chapter 13 - Going Home

June 6, 2013

Calum was still on break now, but he left in five days. We were still in London. I was now living with Sam. She didn't want me to have to pay for months of hotels, so she let me stay at her house until I could take Mireyah home. That also meant Calum stayed with them while he was on break. It was really nice of them. I enjoyed living with them. I was just sitting on the couch, talking to Sam, when suddenly my cell phone rang. I picked it up, and it was an unknown number to my phone. I answered it, and it was the hospital. I hoped it was good news..

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello. This is Katilyn Smith, right?" She asked. I had taken my parents' last name.

"Yes, it is," I told them.

"We have some news on your daughter, Mireyah."

"And?" I wondered.

"She is ready to come home! She weighs four pounds, thirteen ounces now; three pounds, eleven ounces more than she weighed when she was born. She is now seventeen inches long, also. She is also breathing normally and eating safely, and she can maintain a steady body temperature. As we have told you, those are the three things she needs to be able to go home, so she is ready!"

"Thank you so much! But I have one more question."

"What is it?"

"When will she be able to fly?"

"I'd say anytime. She is perfectly healthy now, so she can anytime."

"Okay, thank you!"

"You're quite welcome."

I then hung up, and ran into the bedroom where Calum was, and told him the news.

"Cal! Calum, guess what!" I was so excited.

"What?" He wondered.

"The hospital called."

"And..?"

"They said Mireyah can come home, and she can fly!"

"That is great! I bet our parents want to see her in person again," Our parents left for home after a few weeks of being with us in London.

"Yeah! We'll have to take her home as soon as possible! But I want to surprise them.."

"Okay. They'll like that."

I was excited for this. I couldn't wait.