Epilogue

The next evening, Calum and I were going out to dinner for his birthday. Joy and David kept Mireyah. At home, I had a small bag with Calum's present in it that I would give to him once we got home. I got him an expensive watch that he wanted. The watch was in a box, and that was under tissue paper. Then, I put more tissue paper below it and put one of the pregnancy tests beneath it with a note tagged to it that said, "Hi Daddy! I can't wait to meet you! 19-9-2014." I had a copy of the ultrasound with it too and I had written "6 weeks" on the back of it. I couldn't wait to see his face.

We arrived at the restaurant and walked in. Calum walked up to the man standing at the podium and said, "Hood, party of two."

The man replied, "Right this way." He led us to our table. Our server came and took our orders for drinks.

"Would you like a champagne, or wine, or beer? Or would you like a different beverage? What would you like?" He wondered, but I couldn't have any of that stuff.

"I'll take a champagne," Calum told him.

"I'll just take a water," I shrugged.

He nodded and walked away. Calum looked at me and said, "Babe, you can get a champagne, it's okay."

"No, that's okay," I said. He thought I was thinking champagne was too much money, but that wasn't why I didn't get champagne.

Soon, our waiter came back with our drinks. He then took our orders for our meals. I ordered the shrimp salad and Calum ordered fish. I remembered from my previous pregnancy that I can have shrimp. I can't have a lot of different types of fish, but I can have shrimp. Calum and I didn't get any of the fancy meals, but that's okay. We didn't have to be fancy.

"So, Cal, how does it feel to be eighteen?" I asked him.

"It feels great," he smiled and took a sip of his champagne.

------

Calum and I were both finished with our dinners. We left after paying and got home around twenty minutes later.

We sat on the couch just watching tv for the rest of the night. I decided to give Calum his gift. I got it out and handed it to him.

"Babe, you didn't have to get me anything. Spending the night with you is enough," he told me.

"Cal, it's your eighteenth birthday. Even what I got you isn't really nice, at least I don't think so."

"Kate, anything is fine, but nothing would've been fine too," he said.

"Okay. Just open it up,I told him, and he looked down into the bag. He pulled some of the tissue paper off of the top, then pulled the box out. He opened the box and smiled, "Thank you, Kate. I love it. I've been wanting one of these." He put it on immediately.

"Cal, there is something else in there too," I was nervous for him to find out.

"Kate..." He laughed, "There's still something else?"

"Yes, now look for the other half of your gift," I told him, still nervous.

He looked down into the bag once more, then took the rest of the tissue paper out. He pulled out the test, note and ultrasound all at once.

"Hi daddy. I can't wait to meet you! 9-19-2014," he whisper-read the note out loud. His mouth dropped open as he saw the test and put the pieces together. He saw the "6 weeks" on the back of the ultrasound as well as the actual ultrasound and his hand flew over his mouth. The word, "Babe..." escaped from his mouth.

I smiled. He looked at me. I nodded, confirming to him that I was pregnant. He put his hand over my stomach. Next he said to me, "When did you find out?"

"Just yesterday. I went to the doctors when I said I was going to the store. I also snuck out to the store before that to get the tests and take them."

"And that's also why you didn't get champagne," he put more of the puzzle pieces together. I nodded, and he just said, "Kate, this is great."

"I know," I was so excited. I could tell Calum was too.

I couldn't believe that within a year and a half I got pregnant with Mireyah, left for Calum's first tour, got in the accident, had Mireyah, got her out of the hospital, came home, got engaged, got married, went on our honeymoon, then got pregnant again. This was just unbelievable. I loved Calum so much, and I loved Mireyah more than you can imagine. I could not wait for our second baby, either. So many things have happened in the last year and a half. I could've died twice while in the hospital, but I'm glad I didn't. I have my own little family now. I am so unbelievably happy I stayed, and I wouldn't change one bit of it.