CHAPTER 9: She's Alive?

THIRD PERSON'S POV

'One shot, one kill.' She whispered to herself as she pulled the trigger.

Kirito quickly stood up, he was about to help Asuna but stopped when he saw a bullet going right through the leader's head and... he fell on the ground and died.

'Who's there?!" Asuna shouted, standing up.

"Are you hurt?" Kirito asked as he came to help Asuna.

"I think I'm fine."

She focused her attention to the direction of the bullet that shot the enemy's head a minute ago, waiting for the mysterious person to answer or come out. There was a silence.

"Come out!" Kirito yelled.

No response again. But after some minutes, a girl came out and went to face Asuna and Kirito.

"I'm Sinon. Your welcome." The sniper girl introduced.

Asuna and Kirito looked at each other then to the girl. They didn't know this girl, not even familiar.

"Who are you really?" Kirito asked.

"I've told you already."

"Yes. I mean. Who are you with? What team do you belong with? What is your motive? Why did you help us?"

"Am I a criminal? Is this suppose to be an interrogation?" Sinon looked at them annoyingly.

"Forgive me for asking too many questions. But we want to know. No. We need to know."

"You're saved. Is it really necessary to know?"

"Of course, we don't know if you-"

"I'm on your side. That's what you need to know. Oh! Technically, I'm not, because someone asked me a favor. But it's like that anyways."

"Who asked you a favor?"

"The one you guys believe that have died."

"W-what do you mean?" Asuna finally spoke, confused.

"You know what I'm talking about. Did you seriously believe that guy?" She pointed at the dead body of the enemy's leader on the ground.

Asuna's mind can't find peace after what she heard from Sinon, a lot of confusing questions swirling in her mind. But she really needed to hear it clearly. To make sure of it.

'I don't ever want a false hope.' She muttered as her eyes became watery just from the thought of it.

"Is she really alive? Y/N's is alive?" Asuna began to tremble.

"Yes." Sinon simply answered.

Tears escaped freely from Asuna's eyes, she fell on her knees, not believing what she heard. But somehow she's crying from happiness, the fact that the love of her life is still alive.

"W-where is she?" Asuna asked, excited to see you again.

"Wait, Asuna. Don't believe her just yet. We don't know who she really is. It might be a trap." Kirito said.

"If I have anything against you or if I'm one of your enemies, wasn't it easy for me to shot you first from the start?"

Kirito didn't answer for some minutes, thinking about what Sinon said.

"I-... You're right. Sorry about that."

"Where is she?" Asuna repeated, can't contain the excitement and happiness.

"That is the thing you didn't need to know." Sinon said as she turned her back from the couple. (A/N: Couple? Ouch! XD)

"Wait!" Asuna called out as she grabbed Sinon's wrist.