CHAPTER 15: Sole Reason

A/N:
Warning: Lil’ drama ahead! Why's that a warning? XD

THIRD PERSON’S POV
“Y/N, we also want to know... where’s your brother?” Kirito asked. 

Your breath hitched when you heard his question. You didn't expect he will ask about your brother.

'Am I ready to tell them about him?' You question yourself.

“Y/N/N” Shino called, interrupting your thoughts. “You don’t have to tell them if you’re not... comfortable.” She said with pause, holding your hand.

“I...”

“No Y/N. Like she said, you don’t have to tell us if you’re not comfortable.  I didn’t intend to ask you about him. I’m sorry.” Kirito apologized.

“It’s just... I...”

You can’t form a sentence as you remember him. You remember him get killed in front of you, with your very own eyes.

‘Just because of this stupid condition.’ You muttered.

You clenched your fist, grief and frustration rising in you. You can’t take it anymore.

“I’m going outside for a bit.” You said as you went at the back of your house, in your mini-garden.

Asuna stands up as well but before she can follow you Sinon stopped her. “Wait.”

Asuna looked at her with a serious expression. “Please, let me be with her.”

Sinon stared at her for a long time, then sigh. “Fine. But please be gentle with her.”

“I will.”

“Wait.” Sinon called again, contemplating if she will tell Asuna about something she only knows about you that is guaranteed to make you calm down whatever the situation is.

“What is it?” Asuna halted, waiting for Sinon to continue.

“Rub her back or nape while you embrace her. It will make her calm.”

Asuna nodded and smiled. “Thank you.”

Asuna followed you in the backyard. She saw you sitting on the bench, your head hung low, crying.

She approached you slowly, letting you know her presence. You glance up and immediately wipe your eyes.

“Don’t do that. Let me.” Asuna said sweetly as she sat beside you.

She brushed your hair away from your eyes and wipe your tears using her thumb.

“Asuna... I... my...” You stammered, unbeknown of what to say.

“Shh... I’m right here. You don't have to say anything.” Asuna console you, embracing you warmly.

“No.. He... He’s gone because of me...” You weep again for your brother who is long gone; for the brother who saved your life.

She cradled your head in her arms while rubbing your nape gently, making you calm.

Your cry died down, you let go from her embrace. You suddenly felt embarrass because that’s the first time you cried that hard in presence of her.

“I-I’m sorry for crying like that. You must think of me as a frail person now.” You laughed a bit, trying to lift up the awkwardness you feel.

She just smiled at you warmly and pulled you in another embrace. “Don’t be silly. I don’t mind that. Being vulnerable doesn't make you weak. You face and let out your negative emotions, that’s what makes you brave.”