CHAPTER 20: Kinta and Riku

"I wonder if that was the only purpose of the program..." Sinon mumbled.

"Hmm. Let's see if we can dig something about that." Noel said, quickly typing in his laptop.

"No, stop." Sinon hold out a hand. "I'll do it. You can focus on trying to regain the access to our accounts."

"Are you sure? But how would yo-"

"Yes. I know her well enough."

"And? That doesn't have anything to do wi-" Noel stared at her, confused.

Sinon interrupted him. "Don't doubt me when it comes to her. I know where she kept her secre-..." She averted his gaze, blushing. "...I mean, archived files."

"Oh. So you deliberately access her private files?" He teased.

It made Sinon caught off guard. "N-no!" She blurted, her blush intensified.

"No? Really? So you accidentally stumbled upon it?" He moved closer to her.

"Y-yes."

"Have you discovered something... Hmm. How do I put it?... Hmm. Naughty about her?" He wiggled his eyebrows at Sinon.

"That's it!" She grumbled and tried to strangle him. Luckily for Noel, Kirito was quick to stop her, evading his own grave.

"That's enough Noel. Please calm down Sinon." Kirito stopped them as he hold Sinon's arm.

She realized Kirito's hand on her and quickly pulled away. He realized it too and apologized. "S-sorry."

Sinon ignored him then cleared her throat. "Let's focus and do it as fast as we can. We don't want to stall anymore time." She stopped and glared at Noel. "She could be in danger any minute now."

"Right. Roger that."

"I don't want her to be alone this time again. What do we do Sinon?" Asuna asked.

"As soon as you regain your access, login and find her. You and Kazuto. Then I will follow."

Asuna and Kirito nodded.

....................................................
SAO WORLD
"Stay close to me. Remember what we planned." You tapped Mei on the shoulder, looking at her. "I won't let them lay a finger on you. I'll protect you."

Mei blushed. "I know you will." And hugged you again. (A: You flirt! I'll tell this to Asuna! XD)

You closed your eyes for a second, feeling their presence near you. "They're here."

Seconds later, the enemies appeared in your field of vision, greeting his daughter immediately.

"My dear, how have you been?" He stepped closer to her daughter beside you.

"Wait father!" Mei shouted.

"Step back and you will never see your daughter again." You blocked Mei from her father's view.

"Oh, hi there. Fine. What do you say we get this over with? Hand over my daughter." He commanded.

"I need something first."

"Oh? So this is a bargain? Please, do tell."

Before they do anything else, you trapped all of them inside a barrier.

"What stupid thing this is? You think we can't break a barrier this weak? Don't underestimate us!" He shouted. "Attacked this stupid barrier at once!" He commanded his men.

You smiled. "Of course not. It's not my thing to underestimate the opponents. I simply think you lack information about that kind of barrier."

"What do yo-" He got interrupted when he saw how his men couldn't break the barrier. They have average power but somehow they can't leave a scratch.