Nine

March 2nd, 1964

"And that is the last box!" Alan proudly announced as he packed up the last box into the moving truck. Today was the last day of me and Alan in living in Newcastle. I took one last look at Alan's flat. It looked the same as it did for as long as I was here: it was an red brick building with an red door and medium sized windows. 

"I'm going to miss it here." I said as I climbed into the car. However, I recalled that London was where The Animals made it big and it wasn't far until their Chuck Berry tour began.

"I'm going to miss not sharing a flat with Chas and Mike." Alan admitted

                  Alan closed the door and waited for the moving truck to begin to drive off. "Me too, but London is going to be great, I can tell!" He said as he began to drive.

 Alan's new house in London was pretty nice if I had to be completely honest. I already have been in it a handful of times, already helping Alan unpack everything so we didn't have the whole house to decorate in a day. Basically today was just the major pieces of furniture to move: beds, vanities, couches, etc. 

          The others also were meeting us there and spending the night, which I was excited for. I guess I never had an actual sleepover unless you count the few times I slept over my cousins Sally's house. Whenever we hung out, we stayed up and giggled about musicians and life while watching every 80's John Hughes movie we could think of. I would tell her all about my love for old musicians and she would tell me about her love for Rob Lowe. Sally was always my favorite cousin to hang out with. 

Now here I am, having a sleepover with five grown men, not to mention pretty attractive ones too. I didn't know what we were going to do, but I was sure as hell excited.

           "Last time I read something, I found out that London does have a lot of musicians who live here!" I recalled, looking out the small car window. I mean, the The Rolling Stones were from London and the Paul Simon moved to London in 1964. My brain began to wonder if I would ever run into someone along the streets. 

           Alan spoke, merging on a highway. "We are definitely going to have better access at recording songs and such. Plus we don't have to drive so many bloody hours back and forth!"  He rolled down his window and stuck is arm out. The wind from outside sucked his arm, aggressively pushing it the back of the window. "Especially since I am still learning how to drive!"

"I think you're doing a good job Alan."

"Thanks love but I bloody hate it! Maybe you can drive one day!"

"I would hit I don't know stick!"

Alan looked confused. "Stick?"

I pointed to the clutch "That thing! Standard! I only know automatic!" I admitted.

"I'm sure Hilton can teach you, he knows how to drive everything." Alan said.

           I nodded. "Oh how I can't stand long rides!" I admitted, changing the subject . Now without a phone, the rides seem to drag on for days and days. I can't simply just plug in and drift off to sleep these days.

            Alan seemed to agree with me on that one. "Well at least this will be the last long car ride for a while!" Accelerating, he shifted gears and changed lanes, leaving me to think about tonight.

*************

          We arrived a few hours later. The ride actually wasn't bad as I managed to sleep for nearly the whole of it. Stretching my arms, I unbuckled my seatbelt and exited the car. From a distance, I saw Chas's car and four young Englishmen talking up a storm. Chas was the first one to notice me and jogged up to me.