Chapter 7

He added salt to the injury, Vince knew that. He didn't mean to embarrass Moira like that, but he didn't really expect her to assume anything from him. They're not in a relationship and he already made it clear that he doesn't like her. But doesn't he?

Usually, the day after the date, Rose would ask him about it; goad him to tell the details. But Rose is on leave and Moira won't talk to him. She didn't even greet him nang magkasabay sila sa elevator. He guessed that she's still mad about him because of that time that he told her to cover up. She was so appalled by what he said, lalo na nang bigyan pa niya ito ng pera para ipambili ng coat.

It was so wrong on his part and he tried to make it up to her with a pizza.

"A pizza? Really?" Rose asked in disbelief when he told her. Tumawag kasi ito sa kanya, umagang-umaga. Nagtatanong kung ayos lang ang lahat sa office. Gustong-gusto nitong pumasok sa trabaho, but he forbade her. He told her that he'll fire her if she insists. So Rose dropped the topic, but opened something else.

She asked him instead about Moira. Napansin daw kasi nito, bago ito mag-leave, na naging cold ang pakikitungo nito sa kanya. She even saw her slam her fist against the table, sa sobrang inis nito. He admitted that he might have said something that made her upset.

Rose became more amused when he told her that he ordered pizza to make up for it.

"I thought it was because I want it," sabi nito na may halong tampo.

"Well, it's like hitting two birds with one stone."

"More like hitting two birds with a boomerang, because it came right back at you."

He sighed. "I know, I know."

"I know you two have history, but you got to set that aside—"

"We don't have any history, Rose," tanggi niya.

"Sus! You're just in denial."

That made him laugh. "Shut up."

"I can help you with her, you know. Dikit na kasi kami."

He rolled his eyes. "Shut up and just be pregnant."

"Bahala ka. But treat her a little nicer, will you?"

Treat her a little nicer. That got him thinking all morning. How can he even attempt to treat her nicer if she won't even look at him? She answers all his emails, all right, but she does it in a polite way. Almost too much, though, that it feels like she's mocking him with every word in her replies.

And how can he forget about the flower bouquet? Dala-dala pa rin niya iyon hanggang sa date niya. He couldn't stop thinking about Moira's face when he asked her to bring the flowers to his office. Alam niyang alam nito na may date siya noong araw na iyon. Rose ordered the flowers, but she had to go home that day, so Moira being the fallback, had to get it. Rose wasn't able to relay that message to Moira, so Moira thought that he's just giving her flowers in random.

He was almost tempted to cancel his date and just let Moira believe that the flowers were really for her, but he stopped himself. Because that would be crazy.

--

It was definitely boring without Rose. Moira had to sit by herself and work by herself. Kapag may hindi siya maintindihan, sinasarili na lamang niya. She doesn't want to ask Vince about anything. She doesn't even want to see his face.

She was so embarrassed last night. She never should have assumed that those flowers are for her. And she never should have assumed that she's allowed to touch his tie.

Fuck his tie.

"Magsama sila ng tie nya. Masakal sana sya," she mumbled to herself.

"What are you mumbling about?"