.4

| Mia |

"Are you sure though?"

"Mom!"

She chuckled softly and laid a big fat wet kiss on my forehead.

"Can you not mess my hair please." I whined but she didn't let me go.

She never did.

"Today's message for Mia is. .be you because no one can be you." She said pulling back.

It was her mantra.

She would always give me one piece of advice every single morning . She wouldn't let me go without it. My mom looked so radiant and pretty with her hazel eyes and heart shaped face. .I tired not to let the guilt kick in.

"Noted." I said and she leaned in again to laid another fat one but I took a step back.

"I'm getting late and you can't mess up my hair you know."

"Go on. The world is yours to conquer ."

×××××××××××××××××

I liked walking to school. All by myself. Just watching people walking by me for jobs , college etc . Seeing kids hop onto buses and . . . watching the weather unfold before me.

I had a mars chocolate and I was currently unwrapping it when I saw him.

He was sitting on the side of the pavement. His hand outstretched towards the passersby. The old man seemed homeless with the rough clothes on . His grubby fingers raising up when seeing a person.

And I just. . . stopped in my tracks.

It. .it always breaks my heart to see old people laying around on cold pavements. Where were their kids? Wasn't it there job to take care of them? To give all the care back to them when they were old and . . .old.

I walked towards him and upon seeing me , he raised his hand.

Quietly, I placed the chocolate in his outstretched palm. I saw his eyes light up at the sight of it.

He snatched it in!

Greedily taking a bite and then as he swallowed a mouthful , he stopped and glanced up at me. .as if just realizing I was there.

He gave me a bashful smile.

"It's. . beautiful."

That kinda made me chuckle.

"I never heard a person describing chocolate as beautiful."

"I. . i can't remember the last time I had it." He said with a serious face and it wiped the smile right off my face.

And I thought i had a difficult life!

"Enjoy." That was all i said and then I started to walk again.

My head lost in thoughts about how unfair this world was.

×××××××××××××××××××××

"OoO I love the hair. You have such luscious hair, my dear." Gloria said eyeing my hair.

"Gee thanks. Just bought it." I grinned at her.

"Like anyone can get that in the market." Gloria said taking out her books from the locker.

"You're so beautiful , my hair pales in front of you, bitch." I loved pulling her leg.

She widened her eyes playfully.

"I'll try to keep my beauty down a notch." She flipped her hair in a diva like manner and then the both of us burst out laughing.