.8

| Mia |

"Kill him!"

"I'm—"

"No! You're reviving him—shit!"

"Whoops!"

I gave her a dry look.

She had that sheepish smile on her face and I couldn't stay mad at her. I mean she had that puss in boots face on. How can anyone stay mad at a face like that?

"Iqra, you wound me, man. You wound me." I said placing the joystick back on its place. I was dead anyway.

"I'm . . actually not sorry  " she grinned at my sour face.

We were gaming in my room. Strangely, we had bonded in the last week and she gave me that vibe. The little sister vibe. It was like we knew each other since diaper days. I was the big sister she never had and she was the little sister i never had. Iqra went to a community school because she couldn't afford a private one. They migrated from Palestine because her father died in a drone attack. Basically they had to flee from their motherland. Her mother was still trying to grasp the norms of our society.

I wouldn't admit to her but I was getting super protective about her. Being from another country, she was so naive that she could harm herself without even knowing it so me being the good ol sister always tried to teach her everything I knew.

Iqra yawned and just laid down on the carpet on her back.. .her eyes staring up at the ceiling.

"Mia, can I ask you something?" She asked softly.

"Go ahead." I said now turning the PlayStation off and my hands stilled when I heard her question.

"Have you ever been in love?"

Stone silence.

Out of nowhere that hotshot flashed in my head — and well. . .

"Nope. Haven't ticked that off yet."

She glanced at me. . watching me fumbling around with the PlayStation. Well, I was faking it so I didn't have to answer further. I had a light stomach alright. If she pushed , i would spill. Everything.

No stone would be left unturned.

"But I saw you with that . .guy. I was walking by and saw you two on the pavement. " She said slowly. .her voice hesitant.

I sighed giving up on my fake-busy face.

"It's nothing. He was . . lost. " I made up at the last second.

"Lost? " Iqra sounded amused now.

Great. My life was full of amusement to little kids now. Sucks to be me.

"If a guy like that asks me the directions then I'll tell him I'm his home." She said now grinning wickedly.

Kids now a days. .

"I hate to break it to you but stay the fudge away from guys like that. They are never worth it."

Iqra wasn't the one to give up.

"But you never know, Mia. Didn't you say ," Iqra tried to imitate my stern voice." Never judge a book by its cover , Iqra!"

You give these kids advice one way and the next minute they're using it against you .

"I said book. Not guy." My reply was so lame.

"You mean that guy?"

She wouldn't shut up now would she?