.6

| Mia |

Watching Gloria interact with her father was making me happy and. . forlorn too.

It's always the tiny little moments that affect you the most.

For instance, him looking at her with such unconditional love in his eyes. Smiling at his daughter left and right. . ruffling her golden mane and then getting a glare from Gloria as she said "Dad!"

I couldn't help but get that sinking feeling in my stomach.

The pit deepening.

Because I had been in her place. I was the apple , orange , banana . . everything of my dad's eyes and it still breaks my heart that I was using the term was.

He was. .

We were. .

I was still trying to get used to his absence. Trying to get used to with the past tense.

I wrote the words on my dad's gravestone.

It's engraved in my writing.

Dad, no smile is brighter than yours,

No laugh is richer than yours,

No hold is gentler than yours.

It was as if I left a piece of myself with him. It was watching over him. Telling him that he had a daughter who will keep visiting him. Keep praying for him.

It definitely wasn't ideal to sneak at your best friend from behind a marble pillar.

I couldn't help myself.

I was missing that feeling and I. . wanted to witness it. Feel it's warmth from far away—

"It's you again."

The deep voice nearly made me smash my head against the stupid pillar and what a horrendous sight would that have been! With my glasses mashed up!

Feeling like an volcano was about to erupt, I whipped around about to give him a peace of my mind and—

Zack!

He had a light smile on his face.

Freaking Zack . .

My mouth was open and nothing came out of it.

"You. .you—," I struggled.

"It's me. The one and only." He suddenly grinned and oh my God! What happens when a hot guy grins at you?

You get excited!

Excited enough to pee your pants!

"I have to go." I said now pushing up the glasses sliding down my nose.

The grin morphed into a smile.

"That wasn't what I was expecting. "

"What were you expecting then?" I blurted out, turning red the next second.

Why did I just say it?

He kept looking at me with those sleepy sexy eyes. .as if he wanted to look right through my soul.

"I would tell you that only if . .I can take you out." He said softly watching my reaction.

To say my face reacted one minute late would be an understatement of this century, I was like did he say what I think he did?

"What?" Was all I said.

I know lame and dumb but that was all I had. At least I was talking back. That was something.