.18

| Mia |

That day I had worn the body hugging skirt and I took it off.

Today , I was going to wear it.

Wear it and put on a show!

I deserved a god damn show!

Keeping my hair straight, I swiped some lip gloss and went as far as popping on some wispy lashes. I opted for a nude lipstick.

I wanted to go for a . .clean nude look.

The second I woke up, my head was full of fluffy dreams. The one that gives you kind of indigestion in the middle of your tummy.

I swear I couldn't eat anything. .that was the excitement level.

All I wanted to do was pee.

Excitement made me pee.

Taking a few steps back, I took a look at my reflection and I had to accept. The girl in the mirror looked on fire!

Unbreakable and unbothered!

Doing a J.Lo hair flip, I tried to stuck my chin up in the air like how Gloria did . . .I was having a moment with myself.

Just the thought of what was about to happen made me want to hide my face and scream.

××××××××××××

Stepping on my school ground felt . .strange. My intestines were twisting around like a boa constrictor. I was a confident person but today? . .oh boy!

As Aladdin said a whole new world. .

Swallowing down all the nasty feelings, I moved towards the gate . Catching eyes now and then. Boys doing a double take .

It is indeed sad and pathetic how people don't notice you until you glow up. That shows the kind of world we were living in. Your clothes spoke for you.

Not your personality.

I didn't think I turned into Cinderella. I was just. . . dressed up a little different than usual. That was all. The rest of me was the same.

Shit! my palms were turning sweaty.

I so didn't want to sweat today of all days. My armpits needed to be put down!

Just as I was navigating through the student body , my head lost in thoughts . .someone called my name.

The someone had a very male voice.

I didn't stop.

And I was called again. This time louder than the last time.

Sighing, all I hoped was. . please God let it not be a creep!

I stopped and turned around. .at the person and—

"I. .know you." I blurted out.

The Nancy boy!

He didn't seem so Nancy under the lights. In fact he looked. .exotic with those sharp features.

"I'm glad you do. Can I talk to you?" He asked and I could hear the urgency in his voice. The way his eyes were darting left and right. . .

"Why? You tire busted up again?" I narrowed my eyes. Did I look like a mechanic?

His eyes snapped back to me.

"No. Please I only need a minute. Trust me this is more important than anything right now." He said softly. . urging me on to listen to him.

Well...