.11

"I think . .this is you going way too far now."

He glanced at Rad, his blue eyes flickering with  amusement.

"Chickening out? Are we?" His lips pulled up into a taunting little smile.

Rad shook his head.

"No. It's — it's too much. I can recognize when things are getting too much. And besides the girl is decent—"

Zack straightened up so fast as if electrocuted.

A dark cloud descending on his face.

"A decent human? Looks like you have been catching up with her . Behind my back. " His voice was cut throat. Not forgiving at all.

Zack caught himself right at the last second because what the fuck? Why did it feel wrong to hear Rad talking about her?! Why did he , the Zachary Smith, flied off the handle?!

Rad seems unfazed by his open hostility.

It wasn't the first time he was seeing his best friend fall headfirst into the ego trap. He had seen it all.

Rad was leaning against the Porsche while Zack's eyes flashed dangerously as if he was on the verge of losing his patience.

"I met her." His voice was quiet.

Zack seemed startled. Disbelief coloring his clear eyes.

"You. .you have been fucking with that fat ass—"

Rad stood up straight.

The both of them standing eye to eye.

Zack looking betrayed.

Rad had pity all over his face.

"Watch your words. Watch it. Look at yourself , man! She's taking over you! You can't seem to differentiate between right and wrong!! " Rad snapped and he rarely did that.

Zack raised his index finger in warning.

"You're no one to talk crap to me! You're no one to talk about Mia—," he trailed off , his face contorted in rage .

Rage at himself.

For taking her name. .as if he liked the sound of it!

Rad didn't flinch when Zack punched the windshield.

He didn't bat an eye when Zack's knuckles turned raw and the windshield had a visible crack on it . .like a zig zag.

Zack was breathing hard. His eyes wild and his nostrils flared. .  .

Rad sighed.

"You're playing with a human's life. Let that sink in. "

Zack felt his heart tugging at the comment . .something akin to guilt seeping in his heart . .but he would rather die than accept it.

His ego had blinded him.

It had faded everything around him but the target.

"The second I get what I want, I'll drop her like nothing. I didn't play the whole my father is dead shit just so I can blow everything up later. "

Rad seemed incredulous at his shameless admission.

"What ? What the actual fuck Zack? Are you—fucking shit. ." He whispered not believing his ears.

What had one stupid bet turned his best friend into?

The rage had seeped out of him as fast as it had arrived. And he leaned back against the car. . exhausted.