.26

At last he found it.

Hope.

Hope that she was going to forgive him. It didn't matter if she wanted to be with him or not. .what mattered was her forgiveness.

At least that's what he kept telling himself.

The dagger in his heart was stuck and only she could get it out.

His eyes were searching around the parking lot. Zack's fingers shook slightly as he pushed back his hair. .the waves coming down again.

He didn't even shower.

He didn't change.

As soon a the alarm went off, he was off the bed and out the door.

His clothes were crumpled and his once impeccable appearance disheveled. People were casting him curious glances now and then.

Appearance used to mean the world to him and now. . .

"Come on, Rad. ." He took a look a his wrist watch.

Rad should have been here by now. He arrived earlier than him. That was his jam. Disappointment filled him in — he was given one chance to redeem himself and—

A car honked.

And he looked up.

The Porsche was making its way to the empty parking space and Zack swore. .he had never been this thankful in his life.

Luck was on his side.

All he had to do was apologize even though Rad should be the one doing that but. . . anything for her.

A thousand times over.

He saw Rad unbuckling the seat belt and he moved. .more like jogged towards his car.

Rad was plucking out the earphones when Zack rapped on the window.

As soon as Rad looked up. .his eyes flared up in a cold manner.

Zack knocked on the window again and Rad sighed. . . pressing the automatic button.

The windshield went down.

Revealing Zack. .or was it?

Rad forgot all about his hostility as he looked at his former best friend. The beard grown, hair flying in waves , eyes sporting dark circles and chapped dry lips.

What the—

"We gotta talk." Zack said and then he straightened up . . leaving a shocked to the core Rad silent.

He moved towards the other side and slipped in the car.

Rad was still in shock.

"Alright." Zack placed his hands on his thighs. His voice turned bitter on its own. He promised himself he was not going to bite his head off but... " I'm sorry for being an asshole that day—but you deserved that. Considering the fact you went behind my back and—"

"Woah! Slow down." Rad turned at him. "

Zack rubbed his face down. . agitated.

"I really. . fucking want to get this over with, Rad. I don't want to drag it out. Breathing the same air as you is making me sick!"

Rad chuckled lightly forcing him to look at him.

"You're delivering your apology to the wrong person. "

Zack didn't like the mocking in his tone.

His eyebrows slashed together.

His temper gave away.