16: A Small Story

"Min Yoongi," The man said, "King of Daegu."

Royal siblings did not respond but kept their faces laced with a sweet smile. However, the tension in the air could be felt increasing and Taehyung let out an awkward laugh. "Hyung! You are funny."

Yoongi too broke into a true smile. "Why? I am the King. Everyone says that."

"Out of love," Hoseok remarked.

Yoongi turned to the nobles. "I am sorry for the rough behavior. Please come in and make yourselves home." He bowed and moved aside. Everyone stepped in. Kyungsoon looked at Seokjin uncertainly and Seokjin shrugged saying, "I really don't know."

Taehyung called, "Princess, don't worry. He is a bit crackhead. You can never judge his next move. Come in. I want you to meet my parents."

Kyungsoon and Seokjin crossed the threshold of the house. Suddenly, it felt home. The warmth that engulfed the entire house had a fragrance of incense stick. Brightly colored and well lit, it looked like the dreamhouse anyone would want to live in. The awe just did not leave their faces.

"I see you have brought friends, Taehyung," An elderly man stepped out of a room. 

"Appa," Taehyung ran to hug the man. Mr. Kim ruffled his son's hair and smiled at everyone else. "Before Taehyung bursts into an in-depth description of how that happened," He pointed to Jungkook's injured thigh, "We should sit down and re-energize you all."

"Appa, where is eomma?" Taehyung asked. A lady came out of the kitchen with hands on her hips and a fake angry expression, "Eomma is making food for everyone because her son never informs her that he bringing people over." Taehyung hung his head in apology and everyone started laughing.

"We can help you," Seokjin said.

"Huh?!" Mrs. Kim was surprised. "You want to help in the kitchen?"

"Don't be surprised, Mrs. Kim. Seokjin is an excellent cook." Jisoo said.

"Nah! I meant the prince wants to help in the kitchen?" Mrs. Kim rephrased her statement, making the nobles embarrassed. Looking around, she said, "Well...you may if you want to. But don't let the King know about it. Otherwise, we will be in trouble." And she genuinely laughed.

The four nobles were just standing there confused when Mr. Kim said, "She is joking children. Now if you are really offering help you should start working." He dramatically held his stomach and said, "I am soooo hungry."

The newcomers freshened up and then, Seokjin, accompanied by other ladies, got to work in the kitchen. Well, the other ladies were just standing there because he did not let anyone interfere in his cooking. Seokjin had actually pushed Mrs. Kim out of the kitchen asking her to take a rest. With minimal participation of the ladies and Seokjin still called teamwork, the dinner was ready in an hour or so.

While this stuff was going on in the kitchen, the men with Mr. Kim's help, changed Jungkook's bandages, and Taehyung, with Hoseok's aid, described the entire trip from the point they started from the capital. Mr. Kim looked impressed by the royal children's dedication and Teahyung was sure, Yoongi had given up the last remnants of hard feeling for these two particular nobles. 

And everyone settled in to have dinner. Every now and then, someone would exclaim what an excellent job Seokjin had done in making all the dishes. The man was swelling with pride, almost ready to burst.

All of Kyungsoon's worries got washed away temporarily when she saw how warmly Mr. and Mrs. Kim were treating her and her brother. She had half expected them to throw them out of the house right upon their arrival. But now, after having a second cup of soju on their host's insistence, she was convinced that things weren't that bad.