Our Day...

Jace Wayland

"Hey," Lissa cut off her giggles as she cautiously looked around her surroundings like a lunatic, "did you hear that?"

Knowing her instincts were almost as good as mine, I surveyed the room critically as I slowly replied, "Hear what?"

She gave me an incredulous look, probably thinking I was messing around, "That sound just now."

I gave her a look thinking she was the one messing me with, "What sound?"

"I swear by the angel if you're messing with me..."

I shrugged, "I didn't hear anything." I gave her a smug look, "And I have the best senses in the institute so..."

I watched in amusement as she rolled her eyes and relaxed again, "Never mind."

To pull her further from her thoughts, I turned her attention back to the mountain of bags on my decoy bed at Magnus' place. We'd just come back from our shopping trip around the world. I mean officially, we were hunting for my father, Valentine but as you can see we didn't find him. Lissa argued that it would be a waste of a portal and trip if we didn't do anything so we ended up shopping at every city across the globe that we visited.

"Why was it that we portalled to Magnus' and not our place?"

She gave a small huff as she tried to move the flat screen tv we picked out in Japan. I smirked slightly before getting up from my recline position and helping her.

"Thank you..." she responded with a blinding smile before skipping away to another pile that held all of our clothes. "We just needed to touch base quickly with Malec before we head on over and to lose anyone that could have followed us..."

"I mean the way you were portalling everywhere I doubt anyone could have followed us."

"Shush you..." she scolded as she threw a lace dress at me.

Obviously I caught it before I gave it an appraising look, "Ooh very nice, you should model this for me at some point."

She looked up from her flitting, "Hmmmm. Maybe..."

I think I almost snapped my neck with how quickly I turned to look at her, "Really?"

She gave me a long look. What is this girl thinking? Just as she opened her mouth to respond, the whoosh of a portal opening sounded in the lounge area outside.

"Looks like Malec's home..." she whispered to me just as the sound of very loud music verberated through the walls.

"You think they're..." I wiggled my eyebrows at her suggestively, "Hiding their dirty business?"

Her once flirty look dissolved into a fit of giggles, causing me to join her not long after.

"Come on," She danced her way to me and grabbed my hands, "We should head home and set up the TV and decorate with all this stuff we've bought."

"Good idea," I agreed, "Are we still doing the-"

"Of course dear..." she cut me off with a smirk.

With a wave of her hand, a portal opened in the closet door, "Shall we?"

I grabbed as many of the bags as I could whilst Lis used her powers to lift the rest, "We shall."

Just as we stepped through the portal, Lis waved her hand one final time.

Not before leaving a prank, a recording of them giggling and fake moaning.

*