The Much Needed Talk

Quick question, wattpad says this was saved as a draft. I thought I published this but apparently not? Can someone tell me if it was published?

"Take her back to her room..." I heard Valentine command before snatching my er- fiancé?

I haven't formally proposed so that's not the right term. My intended? Betrothed? Ugh. What do you call the person who has always been your best friend/parabatai before then turning into your future wife? You know what. I'll just stick to parabatai.

He took my parabatai from my arms.

"NO!" I shouted in alarm before grabbing her arm tightly, "I don't trust you with her."

He dared to smirk at me.

"You don't trust me, Jonathan?" I jerked my head as a response, "Very well." He gave the two of us a calculating look before seeming to make a decision, "She can stay in your room then."

"What?!" we both exclaimed before giving the other a hasty look and then looking away again

"Well. It will be both your rooms now." I hope my glare can pierce a hole through his skull, "Stop glaring at me Jonathan otherwise your bride can stay in her cell- I mean her old room."

She was kept in a cell? "She is not my bride!" I replied hotly.

I felt her- Lissa. Her name is Lissa - flinch by my side.

His eyebrow twitched upwards before he spoke again, "If she is not to be your wife, then you wouldn't mind if I threw her to the rest of the crew to have their merry way with her would you?"

"That is NOT WHAT I MEANT!" I barked out before cradling Lissa in my arms. "She will stay with me. And no one will touch her bar me. Am I understood? Father?"

He smirked again before calling behind him, "Lead my son and the girl to their rooms."

A man stepped away from the other shadowhunters behind them and walked forwards. He walked passed Lissa and I. Valentine nodded towards the man, indicating for us to follow him. I began to edge away from the assembly, making sure Lissa was behind me, away from any possible danger. The man led us through a series of hallways. This boat is too big to make an easy escape route. How can I help Lissa escape if I don't know the way out?

Before long, the man led us to a door - the only door in the corridor. The man-with-no-name gestured towards the door before bowing his head down lowly and leaving.

We were left in awkward silence, with my arm still cradling her towards me.

Why does this have to be so awkward?

I used my left hand - my free hand - to brush my hair away before coughing nervously and then gesturing towards the closed door.

"Shall we go inside?" I asked before cringing intensely at the sound of my own voice. I sound like a teenage boy going through puberty. My misfortune seemed to amuse her as the corner of her lips twitched upwards at the sound of my voice.