Freedom of Souls

A/N: Hey guys,

I hope everyone is okay with the Covid-19 pandemic going on. I'm currently at home writing because uni has shut down for the foreseeable future. I'm trying to write a lot of chapters before releasing them so that when I eventually have to work again, I'll have a bank of chapters ready for you guys.

Stay safe in this troubling time!

Sophia893

xxx

*

Jace Wayland

"Alec." After a few moments at staring at my brother, I called out his name only for him to turn his arrow towards me.

I've been here for a while staring at him in sorrow as he wallowed in pity and swam in his guilt. I was hoping he would notice me sooner because after all who could resist this? But no such luck, he continued to shoot things off the building and made stuff go boom.

"Move," was his terse response.

I mean you could say please. I thought with a subtle roll of my eyes.

"How long have you been up here?" I instead asked.

"I'm glamoured. No one can see me. Move."

Again you could say please. Or even lower your bow from aiming at my beautiful face but we all can't get what we want.

I once again went against my inner monologue and just said, "You can't beat yourself up."

"I'm not."

Am I going to get more than a couple of words from you, my friend?

"Who are you talking to?" I said waving my arms around before pointing at myself, "It's me. I'm your brother. What happened with Jocelyn, that wasn't you. That was the demon."

He kept his stupid arrow pointing at me, "Get out of the way."

"Hey." I said raising my arms in a defensive manner, "Same side, remember?"

From the corner of my eye, I caught sight of a figure moving silently towards us. I turned my head slightly to see my beautiful parabatai heading our way with an adorable furrow between her eyebrows, her eyes dripping with concern.

 I turned my head slightly to see my beautiful parabatai heading our way with an adorable furrow between her eyebrows, her eyes dripping with concern

"Come on, man. Come back inside." I continued, turning my full attention to him once again as he lowered his bow.

"That's the last place I want to be." He muttered before walking in the opposite direction Lissa was in.

"Alec, Valentine has the Soul-Sword. He slaughtered the Silent Brothers. We need our best soldiers..." I tried voicing all the reasons he shouldn't wallow up here on his own.