Chapter 22 - enviara

Reminder: fan art included in this chapter does not belong to me they are just to help the imagery of the readers whilst reading the story! Please ask me to remove if you are not happy with your art being displayed in my fan fictions and I will do so!

The many red lights shone upon the blonde boy's startled face. He took a step back - not because he was scared, but because he had to absorb the sudden knowledge and information he had been waiting so long for. His lady, his crush, his lover was in fact the girl he had grown so close to in the space of a couple of years. The person he was able to be himself around. The person who he had admired and fallen in love with in the space of a few months.

Adrien was so close to telling Marinette this earlier on, whilst being locked away in the cupboard, but hesitated and the moment got ruined by the akuma attack.

He continued to stare at the girl who had rejected him Time and time again and wanted to hit himself for falling for the same person.

She didn't love him in the mask... so it obViOusly mean't she didn't love him out of the mask either.

The red suited superhero gazed at the tall, blonde boy. A look of fear and worry swept across her eyes. She looked him in the eye sadly, her blue eyes drooping. She released his hand from her cheek and took a launch at the party hall's cupboard door.

'WAIT' Adrien yelled reaching out to grasp her hand.

She shot a threatening death stare at the blonde boy remaining quiet and continued to focus on the problem which had occurred.

She bolted towards the door for the 2nd time making the rusty hinges of the door fall off. The doors had collapsed onto the floor and ladybug crept cautiously out of the cupboard hoping no one had saw her with Adrien.

Ladybug, once knowing everyone was gone, headed for the door to the party hall, leading her outside into the open air. Multiple screams were heard from a distance and that was exactly where ladybug planned to head towards.

———
Back in the party hall cupboard
———

'How is that possible?' Adrien said still in a state of surprise.

'What? that Camembert is literally the food of my dreams? Good question I-' plagg began before getting interrupted by Adrien.

'Not the time to mess around plagg, did you know that lad- ladybug was Marinette' Adrien questioned.

'Yeah, but then I got over it, because sugar cube told me to' plagg yawned in a bored tone.

'Sugar cube?' Adrien said.

'Tikki, ladybug's Kwami... I guess you could call her my lover next to cheese.' Plagg smirked.

Adrien shook his head, knowing he wouldn't be able to have a deep conversation with plagg without any sarcastic jokes or puns - plus now wasn't the time to mess around and talk anyways.

'Plagg claws out' Adrien shouted.

Plagg groaned as his little cat-like body was sucked into Adrien's ring. The black mask and tight hero suit had plastered itself onto Adrien's body and once again he was his favourite version of himself.

Chatnoir.

——
Near the Eiffel Tower
——