Chapter 8 - painful patrol

Reminder: fan art included in this chapter does not belong to me they are just to help the imagery of the readers whilst reading the story! Please ask me to remove if you are not happy with your art being displayed in my fan fictions and I will do so!

Also I couldn't be bothered to go back through this and edit it or check for spellings. I'm so exhausted as I have just got back from holiday, but hopefully this chapter makes sense. As ever hope you enjoy :)

Marinette slumped onto her bed reminiscing on the tense, yet amazing day she had just had.

She was exhausted. All of those cameras flashing in her face was tiring, but at least she got to spend time with Adrien whilst doing so.

Reality just hit her. OH MY GOSH. I FLIRTED WITH ADRIEN. I HAD A BIKINI PHOTOSHOOT WITH ADRIEN. HE BASICALLY SAW ME IN MY UNDERWEAR.

Marinette shrieked into the pillow awakening a rather sleepy kwami.

"What's all the complaining about?" Tiki squeaked.

"Oh Tiki I'm so sorry. I've literally had the best and worst day mixed together. I got to spend the whole day with Adrien... but in my underwear most of the time." Marinette groaned apologetically.

"Did you and Adrien have fun?" Tiki asked calmly.

"Well I certainly did and it looked as if Adrien did too, but I'm not sure I don't have a say in how he feels nor do I —"

"Well then stop being grumpy, if you had a good time be happy about it! And it sounds as though Adrien had a good time too,so quit worrying marinette!" Tiki interrupted brightly.

"Sorry Tiki I just overthink everything" marinette replies.

Marinette turned over and was slowly about to drift of to sleep when suddenly Tiki began to gently shake her.

"Marinette you have patrol this evening, don't forget your duties!" Tiki reminded her.

Marinette rolled over and stumbled out of bed. She giggled at herself as she watched her sulking eyes and tousled hair through the mirror.

She quickly brushed her hair and slapped some water around her face before calling out her transformation chant.

Ladybug cautiously opened the trap door to where her civilian self lived and carefully crept out towards the Eiffel Tower. She delicately and gracefully landed on a platform of the tower where she met her most loyal partner.

"Good evening M'lady" chat winked playfully.

"Evening Chat Noir" ladybug smiled happily.

"What has put you in such a paws-itive mood this evening" chat asked curiously.

Ladybug rolled her eyes as the black cat had once again produced another pun from his lips.

"Well I've had an amazing day" ladybug smiled wistfully. Wishing she could restart this day and spend the time she did with adrien all over again.

"How so?"Chat replied

"Well there was this boy I spent the day with and he was just so sweet and he's honestly everything a girl could ever wa-" ladybug began before realising what she had said. She knew chat had a crush on her. Perhaps he was even in love with her and  she had just blurted out the fact she had been with another boy all day which would obviously upset him. She never wanted to hurt him. He was her friend. perhaps if she allowed her constant crush on adrien to dissolve, she would've allowed her and chat to have the chance
of their relationship possibly going further. But she was too caught up in her feelings for adrien.

Chats whole persona dropped. His eyes saddened and his ears flattened dejectedly. He attempted an understanding smile, but it was weak and was obviously hurt.

Art credits: corgilikeschat

Art credits: corgilikeschat.tumblr

Ladybug went to say something, but chat quickly blurted out "it was nice you had a good day, I had a really uh good day too, but come on we better start patrol or we will uh not get it done."

Chat jumped away from ladybug as soon as he finished the last word of his stuttered sentence. She knew she had hurt him and quickly ran her errand around Paris to distract herself from the guilt she felt.

Chat was a handsome young man in her opinion. His Lovely, wavey, golden hair and bright, kind eyes were very attractive, but for professional reasons ladybug decided to ignore his attractiveness and worked with him as only his partner against evil. She also wanted to focus on growing her relationship with Adrien, which looked as though it was working, so she pushed any slight feelings for chat away and unfortunately was distancing herself completely from him.

 She also wanted to focus on growing her relationship with Adrien, which looked as though it was working, so she pushed any slight feelings for chat away and unfortunately was distancing herself completely from him

Art credits: artsbycarlos on Instagram

Ladybug had finished her errand around Paris not much commotion had happened so she decided to go home, since the town was rather quiet and peaceful. She also wanted to avoid the awkward tension between her and chat.

Hawkmoth had not released any Akumas for some time now and it was starting to cause confusion amongst the people of Paris as well as the two leading super heroes. The two heroines had to prepare for the worst and be on the ball at all times.

Ladybug hopped down on to her balcony.. looked around nervously making sure nobody was around before transforming back to her civilian form. She opened her hatch and clambered into her bed exhaustedly.

"Are you O—" Tiki began before getting interrupted by a sudden  knock at the opening hatch of marinette's bedroom.

It wasn't marinette's parents since the knock came from the roof...

Who could it be she pondered before opening the hatch to see a familiar face.. one she was not expecting.

It was him.

Authors note:

Thank you so much for 120,000 followers on TikTok I'm forever grateful and will try my hardest to keep posting content both on my Instagram, TikTok and Wattpad. Love you all and have an amazing day