Chapter 6

Authors Note-

I changed up the ending of the last chapter, where * is, is where the ending changed.You may have read the changed ending, but just in case you didn't.

*

"Penny Ashley Langston!"

And here was Rick, gonna yell until my ears bleed.

"I'm so proud of you!"

What. was. happening.

"You stuck up for yourself!"

He high fived Dale. I think I'm in some parallel universe or something cause my brother would never congratulate me on attacking a kid and getting thrown in jail. I could get used to this.

Luke wasn't exactly getting the same treatment though, you could hear his dad yelling from across the world. Usally it would be the other way around, Luke's dad is always so laid back and Rick is strict.

When i got home that night, Rick explained to me that i was still grounded. He also added an extra year. Added up, Im probably grounded for around 15 years. But it's fine cause the next day Rick forgets about it completly.

"Bye kiddo."

That was not a good sign.

"Where are you going?"

"You know my new girlfriend Berna?'

"No.'

"Well anyway, we're going out."

"If you're going out than i wanna invite someone over."

"And whom might i ask? Luke's dad most likely has him grounded for the next century, Holly is upset with you, Dominique and Zeus are probrably together-"

"Than I'll hang out with Dale."

We dropped Dale off at his house on the way here, but he'll still be up to going out.

"Fine."

Rick grumbles. He grabbed his jacket and left. I ran over to our rusty old phone and dialed Dale's number.

"Hello?"

"Dale, hey! Its Penny,"

"What do ya need?"

"You wanna hang out?"

"why not? Be there in ten."

"M-kay, bye."

"Bye."

And with that i hung up. Dale was pretty cool, he was about 17 or 18, somewhere close to that. I couldn't wait to see him. I loved Dale, wait-no. I don't love Dale. I do- but i don't. You know what i mean? Like how you love a blanket, it's the softest blanket it the world and you "love" it. But would you marry or date it? Probrably not. Well actually, maybe if the blanket asked you if you wanted to go out with it, than you would think why not, I kinda liked the blanket anyways. Well, no. A blanket wouldn't ask you out and you would not have a little crush on a blanket, that would just be weird.

A knock on the door inturupted my train of thoughts. Dales' here! I rush over to the door and open it. He looked like an angel decended from heaven. He was drop dead gorgous. He had the most beautiful bright green eyes and sandy blond swept back hair. He had on ripped up black jeans and a plain gray t-shirt. His smile lights up a room like a firecracker. That reminds me of the time someone set one off in school, it was- Im getting of of topic. I decided to say something before i looked even stupider than i already do.

"Hey."

Howdy."

"So,"

"So.."

This conversation wasn't going anywhere. I decided to spice things up.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

He tensed up.

"Not at the monment."

Yes! I mean, whatever.

"Cool- wait no. Scratch that, not cool. Well not like lame but like it's a shame. You get it?"

I was humiluating myself.

"Uh-huh."

"Wanna sit down?"

He nodded his head. We walked over to the dust old couch that Rick couldn't afford to replace. I turned on t.v to get some back round noise.

"So do you have a boyfriend?"

"No."

"Awesome, well not awesome, but you know what i mean."

I couldn't help but laugh, well it may have been a mix of laughter and crying. Did I mention I'm nervous? Once i finally calmed down Dale started talking again.

"Hey, can i ask you a question?"

"Go for it."

My heart was beating out of my chest.

"Wanna go out with me?"

-----------------------------------------

Another cliffhanger! HAHAHA!! Well anyway, next chapter probrably tommorow and thank you guys so much for 100 reads! It means so much to me!

----------------------------------