II

[ chapter 2 ]

may 20
1:45 p.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

y/n's pov:

Today started like every other day.

For the past month, I've been getting up around this time in the morning, getting ready, driving to rehearsals with more or so just a banana or maybe some oatmeal in my stomach.

I get there around 5:45-6:00 a.m and then wait for everyone else to show up, which doesn't take long.

We stretch, make sure we've got at least two new songs down, then run over all the ones we know, and then get to leave. It's usually 12:30-1:00 p.m at that point.

I stop for some lunch, sometimes with my bandmates, sometimes alone. Today, though, I stopped at one of my favorite lowkey cafes and got out, bringing my laptop with me.

The second I walked through the door, the bell chimed and I was given the attention of maybe one or two other customers and the employees.

"Y/nn!" The employees called out, not wanting to draw more attention to me. I respected that. Sometimes I missed being a 'normal' human on the outside, on my picture, because I was damn sure a 'normal' human being on the inside.

"Hey guys!" I smiled widely, walking up to the counter and hugging everyone in the front.

"Your usual?" Ryan asked with a raised eyebrow and a bright grin. I nodded, already pulling out the money and a significant tip for all of them.

I placed it on the counter and individually handed them all a $30 tip. "Jamison, Y/n Y/l/n's order please!" Ryan whisper-yelled to the back. I chuckled and thanked them. We started up a conversation until another person came in; which made me leave the line and walk back to the furthest/most hidden booth— which is what I usually went to.

I opened up my computer and began searching for realtors that sell expensive/luxury homes. I've been living in the same penthouse in Manhattan for 7 years now, I knew in my heart it was time for a change.

While looking, I came across Aaron Kirman Group. At the same time, my food had arrived. I thanked the waitress, who's name was Evril.

I did a bit of research on the luxury home realtors and discovered that they do sell homes in New York. This new information made my ears perk up.

I sipped on my coffee and scoffed down on my pastries as I looked through their reviews and some homes they sell. I decided that these people were the one I'd run through first.

Hopefully they're good.

I quickly typed up an email and sent it, finishing my coffee and then cleaning up my area. I popped a breath mint in and closed my laptop, saying goodbye to the workers as I walked out.

When I got back in my car, my phone binged. I quickly noticed it was from Zayn.

z3 🤮 - yoo , you free ?

me - prolly gonna be lookin' at houses soon . why whats up

z3 🤮 - nothing just bored . Gi took the baby out with her friends for a 'girls day out' lmao 😂