III

(not proofread)

[ chapter 3 ]

may 20
7:00 p.m
boca raton, florida

- - - - -

"H-hi." She stuttered out, eyes still as wide as saucers. I know I didn't look any better, with my jaw dropped and all.

"Uh-h-hey?" It came out more as a question, but only because my mouth was moving faster than my head was. It's like everything slowed or stopped, my only sane body part was my mouth.

strangely.

"Um, babe you guys know each other?" Dalton then cut in, looking very confused. I sighed and snapped my line of sight off of the brunette who now rocked that same famous hairstyle I convinced her to try.

"Yeah. We both lived in Boca Raton." I kept it sweet and short, whoever the fuck this man with a goofy ass smile is— he don't need details.

"Oh. Cool." He nodded and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Y/n?" Zayn spoke up behind me. Everyone's eyes then turned to the British man, including Ariana.

I didn't say anything, only simply nodded and turned back to the— I'm assuming— couple.

i mean this ugly ass mothafucka did say babe.

Don't remind me.

"Well, It was nice to see you again moonlight. Thank you for working with me and the house, Dalton." I couldn't help the sly smirk that etched across my lips as Ariana's eyes widened in retaliation to the nickname. Her features softened as she tucked her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Y-yeah. See-you." Her words were jumbled like she was talking before she was thinking. She quickly stopped herself from saying anything else. I decided not to react to her nervousness. Instead, I turned around, entered my car, and drove off quickly.

"Why the fuck did she call you moonlight?" Was the last thing I heard from the two.

~~~ 3 days later ~~~

"So, you gonna let us see the new house or what?" Asher asked me with a smirk as he took a big gulp of his water. We're at rehearsals right now and our choreographer just told us we could take a bit of a break.

"Sure, come over whenever I don't care." I chuckled. I began to explain what it's like and the neighborhood around it when our manager, Orion, walked in looking distressed.

"Meeting. 5 Minutes. Finish up and get in the car." He didn't say another word and basically flew right back out the room. It was dead silent for a while as my bandmates and I exchanged curious and weird glances.

"Well, you heard the man. The crazy, crazy man." One of our choreographers said with furrowed eyebrows and a curious frown. I chuckled and nodded. We bid our goodbyes, packed up, and quickly did as told.

We reached the black, shaded SUV and was quickly ushered in. They took off almost immediately with no conversation. I began to grow more and more confused and curious as time passed.