XXI

[ chapter 21 ]

april 6
9:30 a.m
manhattan, new york

- - - - -

"So, what does this mean for us?" Ariana laid that question on me like a bag of bricks on quicksand. The underlining meaning that the entire world knows is in that common sentence soaked into my mind. My thoughts were on overdrive, matching my racing heart.

"U-um, I-" I cleared my throat. It was entirely too early for this big of a question. "I don't know, what would you like to be?" I retorted, still not able to think straight. I was an overthinker at heart, and even though my mind had an answer; that pump in my chest was puzzled.

"Uh, well I love you. And you love me. I think that's clear. I-I want to try things again?.." She trailed off, seeming more as a question than a definitive answer. This made my overthinking worse.

"Are you sure?" I ask, beginning to feel self-conscious. She nodded, standing a little taller. "Yes, I want to be with you, Y/nn." She stated with more confidence.

My heart fluttered, now slowing down as it melted into a puddle of adoration. I smiled softly. "I'd love that." She grinned, her adorable dimples on display. My smile grew at the sight.

"You're so beautiful." We managed to admit at the same time. Our eyes widened and we shared a laugh at the predicament.

"Do you want a date first?" She joked with a goofy smile. Though, I didn't laugh. Instead, I sported a mischievous smirk.

"Yes, actually, I do." She stopped laughing, her face falling and her jaw dropping. I almost broke character at her face.

"Wait, r-really?" I nodded, sipping on my apple juice nonchalantly.

"Very. You better get to organizing this date." I stared into her eyes. "Or you can forget another chance." I husked, smirking.

I heard her audibly gulp, seemingly full of nerves. I couldn't help but laugh. She snapped out of it and shot me a playful glare.

"I fucking hate you." I chuckled, staring at her through the glass as I finished my apple juice.

"It's obvious you don't." She groaned and pushed me away, storming up the stairs as I laughed at her flustered state.

~~~~~

It's now 6:30 p.m and I'm waiting for Ariana to get here. I had gone back home to get ready for this date Ariana is actually planning. She told me to dress comfortably, so I slipped on some some black joggers and a black tank. I added some jewelry to spice it up a bit.

moonlight ❤️ - im hereeee
Read 6:31 PM

me - im comingggg
Read 6:31 PM

I smiled like a dumbass down at the screen. I locked my phone, pocketed it, and opened the front door. Yes, I was waiting for her at the door. Suck my dick.

Ariana was standing there, a bouquet of white and red roses outstretched in her small hands.

"Hey, baby." She cheesed adorably. I held in my aw and instead gave her a wide smile. "Are these for me?!" I asked in a girly voice, gasping dramatically as I slowly grabbed the flowers. Ariana let out the cutest giggle.