XVII

[ chapter 17 ]

march 7
11:30 a.m
new york city, new york

- - - - -

I let out a deep sigh. I'm currently stuck in a meeting entirely too early for my emotions. What's even worse, we're discussing stupid drama with my EX girlfriend. Well, not officially, but still. Mentally, I'm done.

"Y/n, you've been awfully quiet. What do you think we should do." Orion asked me. I shot him a warning glare.

"I don't know. We," I grimaced and avoided any contact with Ariana. "Could speak out, but, what would we even say?" Silence.

"Wait," My eyebrows furrowed. "Fuck how it came out. In that video where Ariana sung Greedy, can you tell it's me?" Orion and Scooter nodded profusely. "Definitely." I sighed.

"Okay, did we do anything that seemed romantic?" They shrugged. "It seemed a little flirty but there was no kissing or anything." I sighed. "And the train boxes," I glanced at Ariana, who was staring at me longingly. I held back rolling my eyes at her.

"It's a picture of her Dangerous Woman era and our initials with songs we had made back then. What are people saying about that?" Scooter cleared his throat.

"Saying that the initials thing came off as both romantic and friendly. But, they also said that the songs written around the initials are VERY not friendly." I put my face in my hands. There was really no way of getting out of this.

"Well, I guess we just stay quiet and let them assume or tell the truth." I finally looked at the brown eyed beauty. The one who broke my heart, but could fix it in a second. She seemed to be deep in thought; yet she was looking right back at me.

"I say we tell the truth." I raised an eyebrow. "And tell them we're dating right now." Gasps were heard from every angle. Even I was surprised. After everything with Michael, now she wants to tell people we're dating and were dating in high school?

I don't even think media knew that Ariana and Dalton dropped their engagement.

"I don't know, Ariana. You haven't even came out and said you and Dalton were over." She pursed her lips. "I think deleting everything I've ever had of him and then the whole thing with Mikey is enough." I glare at her. Hard.

I could see her demeanor falter, a frown replacing her once aggressive look.

"You'd be under a lot of fire, Ms. Grande. I'm sure they'd be calling you a hoe over and over." She sighed. "I can handle it." Even though she hurt me, I can't sit there and watch her get so much inevitable hate.

"No. We'll say we dated in high school. We will NOT say we were dating right now." Her eyebrows furrowed. "Were." I took a deep breath. "Yes. You think you can cheat and we'll just be cool?" Her lip quivered. My heart broke even more, but I had to stand on my own.

"This isn't the place." I gave her a look that we'd talk later.

"Anyways," I glanced at the other people in the room. "Like I was saying, we'll say we dated in high school. We will not mention our current endeavors. She will tell everyone that Dalton and her broke up months ago and her and Mikey aren't a thing. That it was a huge misunderstanding and the kisses were for the video and promo."