Chapter 1: Non-Disclosure Agreement

Please, VOTE and COMMENT to support Pro Escort❤️

I hope you read the trigger warning.

"Here is your contract along with the non-disclosure agreement," Ernesto said and handed me the two documents and a fountain pen.

I didn't read the NDA. I mean what was the point? I had no other choice. I desperately needed this job and the money that came with it.

I stared at the two sheets of paper in front of me. Then I grabbed the fountain pen and placed my signature on the documents. I watched as the ink soaked into the paper sealing my fate.

[ 1 week ago ]

"Elvira, I want my money back. If you were someone else, I would have used other methods to get it from you, but I have known your father for a long time. And I have a daughter who is around your age. Those are the only two reasons why I'm being patient with you. I really don't want to hurt you, so I will give you another week to come up with the money or to think of a way to repay me," Stefano said.

He was a man in his late 50s who ran a lot of businesses in town. I was sure that they weren't all legal businesses. I heard rumors that he lent money to drug dealers and gamblers.

My father was one of those gamblers who owed Stefano a lot of money. He had tried to make quick cash to repay Stefano by helping some local thugs to smuggle drugs. The police had raided a building one day, and the people behind it had escaped. My father got caught and ended up being framed for everything. He was sentenced to 8 years in jail.

When I heard the news I hadn't been surprised, to be honest. I had warned him countless times to quit gambling, but it was an addiction he could not control, and he did not want any help either.

I understood why my mother left him and got remarried a long time ago. I vaguely remembered her. She never visited or send me anything for my birthdays thus I stopped thinking about her at a young age.

My father owned Stefano 100.000 euros, and when he landed in jail Stefano came after me. He expected me to repay every last euro and if I did not, he would order someone to finish my father off in jail.

I wasn't that close to my father, but he had raised me, and I loved him in my own way. He was the only family I had after all. Though he was a gambler, he had always provided for me when I was young. He sent me to school, made sure there was food on the table and did the best he could do to raise me. I would always be thankful for that because I knew how hard it must have been for him to raise a girl all by himself.

When I turned 18, I moved out. I couldn't be in the same house as him and witness his addiction along with his high consumption of alcohol. I visited my father regularly though to make sure he was alright.

I never went to college since we didn't have the money for that. I had tried to apply for a scholarship, but I didn't receive one. After the financial crisis in 2007-2008, the economic situation in Spain was horrible. They barely gave scholarships anymore unless to students who had very high grades and unfortunately I did not fit into that category. I was an average student.

I had accepted my fate that I wouldn't be able to go to college. So I survived by working little jobs here and there. For two years I have been working at this little coffee shop. I was 23 years old now, and I earned just enough to pay my rent and support myself, so I wasn't capable of repaying Stefano at once.