Chapter 16: Otiosity

I didn't want to go back to sleep after he had left, because I knew the nightmares would return. I needed some sort of distraction to forget about my misery for a while. I decided to go and brush my teeth first of all and then take a long bath. That would surely help to calm my nerves.

My muscles felt relaxed and my mind wasn't as heavy as before when I left the bathtub in the guestroom. The combination of hot water and aromatherapy essential oils had been a great choice. I appreciated the wide selection of bath and shower products that were available to me.

By the time I was dressed in comfortable clothing, it was nearing lunchtime. I was kind of nervous to go downstairs and meet the cook he had told me about earlier. I hoped she wouldn't ask me any questions.

When I reached his kitchen, a chubby blonde lady hummed a Spanish song I did not recognize as she was busy chopping vegetables. I felt like a creep watching her without her knowledge, so I cleared my throat to make my presence known to her. She turned around immediately and smiled warmly.

"Hi," I said shyly and walked up to her.

"Ola! Neymar told me to feed you well," she chuckled with her pinky cheeks.

"Oh," I mumbled.

"I'm Marcela," she said and wiped her hand on her apron, before giving me a hand.

"Elvira," I said and shook her hand.

"He is right. You do need to eat more," she said and turned around to continue chopping the remaining vegetables.

"Can I help you with anything?" I asked because I didn't know what to do with myself.

"You can if you want to," she said and pointed to the oven. "It's almost done. Can you check if the potatoes are baked well?"

"Yeah, sure," I said and did as instructed.

"Do you cook?" she asked.

"I try to, but I'm terrible, to be honest," I confessed.

She chuckled and asked, "What did you make last?"

"Uhm, a sandwich," I replied in embarrassment.

"Oh dear!" she giggled.

"I know," I said with a crooked smile.

I helped her make lunch, whilst we chatted about food and cooking. She had a bubbly personality and I liked her already.

"Voila!" she said with both her hands on her hips as we glanced at the dining table.

Jack potatoes, Mediterranean salad, pesto pasta with chicken, and tiramisu for dessert.

"Dig in Elvira!" she grinned.

"Are you not eating with me?" I asked.

"I cooked for you and Neymar. I have to go home and cook for my family now," she chuckled.

"Oh," I said, feeling a little disappointed because I didn't want to be alone.

"I will see you another time. It was lovely meeting you Elvira," she smiled and pressed a kiss on my cheek.

"It was lovely meeting you too," I smiled and embraced her.

After devouring Marcela's delicious food, I rubbed my food bump. I had been hungrier than I had thought.

I didn't know what to do with myself after lunch so I watched some TV with a cup of hot tea. I didn't find anything interesting to watch so I went through his movie collection and hoped that he wouldn't mind. After skipping through a bunch of Brazilian movies, I picked The Hangover Part III. I hadn't seen the last part yet and a comedy would surely help to lighten my mood.