24

A/N: That's the song Alex writes in this chapter, if you want the environment, play it ;)

________________________________

Once we were inside the apartment Harry said he wanted to take a nap so I used that time to take a shower and change into more comfortable clothes, I was just waiting for him to crumble in pieces, the way he was bottling everything... it wasn't going to stay that way and I had to be there to help him pick up the pieces. It broke me and it ached to see him hurting, I felt powerless because there was nothing I could do to make him feel better.

After my shower, he was still asleep on top of my bed so I went to the music room, I had a lot of mixed feelings about what was happening and impotence was killing me. I sat in front of the piano and as soon as my fingers touched the keys I knew what I had to do.

I grabbed my journal and started writing as I sung, I felt like those words where hidden in my heart because they just came out, I didn't even have to think about the words I wanted to use, I just let my heart open and I ended up with a nice song.

"What are you playing love?" I turned around and saw Harry leaning on the door frame, he still looked half asleep.

"I think I just wrote you a song," I smiled, bit his lip and walked over to the wooden bench sitting next to me.

"Can you sing it to me?" He gave me childish smile.

I started with the first chords looking at him and then I just focused on the journal, what I liked about the song is how it starts soft and becomes stronger with every verse.

"Oh, no, did I get too close? Oh, did I almost see what's really on the inside?" his eyes were on me, he was watching me sing and I melted by his look, he was mesmerized, "All your insecurities, all the dirty laundry, never made me blink one time,"

The melody became stronger and I went all in with the chorus, I wanted him to really know how I felt, "Unconditional, unconditionally, I will love you unconditionally," I turned to look at him and he had his eyes glued on the piano keys, "There is no fear now, let go and just be free, I will love you unconditionally," I meant that, I was so scared of loving him... but it was gone, I still didn't feel like the words I love you expressed everything I felt as good as "I adore you" but I needed him to know that I did love him.

He was still looking down but I kept going, "Come just as you are to me, don't need apologies, just, know that you are worthy," he finally looked at me, his eyes were filled with tears, my heart broke, "I'll take your bad days with your good, walk through the storm, with you, I do it all because I love you...I love you,"

As I sang the chorus again he finally let the tears come out and as reflex mine did too, we were both crying and it made my voice cut off a little, but I had to finish the song, "So open up your heart and just let it begin" I sang that line 3 times, making it more dramatic each time, "Open up your heart," he dried my tears with his thumb as I kept going, "Acceptance is the key to be, to be truly free, will you do the same for me?"

I pressed my forehead against his and kept going with the last and strongest chorus, like it's always been with us, music makes us connect to a whole different level, "I will love you unconditionally," I stopped playing and sang that last line with the little voice I had left, he pulled me closer to him and wrapped me in the tightest hug we've ever shared, "I know my love won't make up for a million haters, but I want you to know that I will always be here for you," I sniffled, one of his tears dropped on my shoulder, he was still crying.

"I love you forever babe," his voice was really weak and the moment the last word came out of his mouth, he broke down, his body became weak and sobbing started, "Thank you,"