三十四 | New Age: Retribution

Mina's POV

Hearing the news from the kitchen, talking about recent issues and global warming, other than that everything is peaceful today. But Ren, he still hasn't forgotten about that attack on our home. I saw Ren coming out of the basement with his shirt drenched with sweat and smiled slightly at the thought of how protective he is sometimes.

"Ouch!" Accidentally cutting my finger with the knife, Defalt responded as I looked closely at the cut. "Do you need assistance, Mina?" A bottle of spray filled with antiseptic slowly appeared at the kitchen counter. "I'm fine, Defalt."

"Doushitano?" Ren came with his brows lifted, and he saw my finger bleeding. "Wahh~ you need to be more careful, Minari." Grabbing the towel hanging on the stove's handle, Ren sprayed an antiseptic to my cut and pressing it with the towel. I whimper softly in slight pain. A sheet of plaster appeared on the countertop, Ren grabbed it and wrapped it around on the cut.

"Try to be more careful next time." Feeling his lips pressing on my forehead made me smile slightly. "What have you been doing down there?" I tugged his shirt, "I've been training again. With weights and some combat training."

"Don't forget to rest, Kurogami."

"Hai, wakatteru." Chuckling, Ren went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water while I continued cutting some green onion to finish the garnish for our lunch today. Seeing his arms snaking around me from behind, I looked over my shoulder and felt his kisses on my shoulder. "I'm scared to lose you, Minari." With a gloomy tone, Ren mumbled as he keeps kissing my shoulder. "I can't help but worry more and more after that attack. I've been getting extra cautious."

"Being cautious is okay, Kurogami. But try not to be overly cautious, it'll make you paranoid." Looking at me with his innocent eyes, I could see the fear in him and kissed him softly. "Anshin shiyou, Kurogami," I mumbled against his lips, smiling, and he kissed me back softly. "you need to change your clothes, Kurogami."

"Hai, wakatta." Laughing softly, Ren went upstairs while I finish my cooking.

Your POV

Going back downstairs after grabbing a new shirt, I stepped down the stairs and went to the living room. Sitting on the couch, the news piqued myself interest but suddenly, Defalt informed me of an urgent matter.

"Ren, I've lost track on Shion's phone." Gasping in shock, I jumped off from my seat. "Defalt! What happened?!"

"It appears the GPS on Shion's phone has been disabled."

"Can you track the signal transmitter I put on her phone?!" Losing my composure, I shoved everything off the table in front of me, enabling the holographic keyboard and start typing for codes to track the transmitter I put on Shion's phone. "Doushitano, Kurogami?"

"I'm afraid they hijacked the phone and turned off the transmitter too, Ren."

Not paying attention to either Mina and Defalt, I kept typing and typing, trying to find a way to locate where Shion is. Hyperventilating, I panicked but somehow, I keep mashing the keyboard to type and each second, it becomes harder and harder. "Ren, calm down." Hearing Mina's soothing voice, I felt her arms wrapping around me. Holding me close while I'm still panicking and mashing the keyboard.

I couldn't help but losing my composure even more, knowing that I don't know how to track Shion at the moment. Speculations started appearing in my mind. Terrorism. Abduction. Revenge for what I've done to L'atelier. I already expected this would happen after weeks of the ambush at our home. I became cautious. A little bit paranoid. Placing trackers on Shion's phone and Mina's.

Pulled closer by Mina, leaning on her, my breath was still heavy and quick. There seems to be no end to my panic. Only after, I felt her kissing my head and stroking my hair. My breathing slowly relaxed though, it was still very heavy. "Don't worry, Kurogami. Everything will be alright."