十 | Love Someone

Mina's POV

"What're you doing, jagi?" I saw Ren on his laptop from his side, and his face looks very serious. I arrived beside him, giving him a side-hug, and "I think you have to look at this one, Minari." He looked at me and the back as I'm setting my gaze on the laptop's screen with a chat history that has pictures on it. "I thought it was something serious." I pouted, my nose lightly scrunching. He laughed at my reaction and his hand reaching for my head, stroking my hair down.

"So, what do you think, hmm?" His face is smirking at me while I'm still mad for him teasing me, and I threw my hand on his back, slapping it. He hissed, "ooww... Itaiyo." I didn't stop until he decided to catch my hand, and he teased me again, pecking my lips. He chuckled, smirking. "Isn't that manager Lee?" I asked while he smiled at me and breathed a chuckle.

"Ne, Minari. She's currently in the hospital. Her son said that recently she got admitted to brain cancer." Ren's face was immediately sunken, and I brought his head into my arms. "And she only has a few days before she's gone." Ren started to sob softly, and I saw Shion coming from her room, walking her way towards us. "Eh?? Too-san, Doushitano?" Shion came in, hugging her father. "Why are you crying, too-san?"

"Do you remember about too-san's manager, Shion?" Shion nodded, "she's currently in the hospital." Shion hummed, trying to calm her father. Ren continued to cry until a few minutes later, his crying slowly stopped. I pulled away to see his eyes teary, and I wiped off his tears from his cheeks.

"Do you want to visit manager Lee, jagi?" I asked softly, and he nodded immediately. I smiled at his sad face while I'm stroking his hair back to his head. "Lee Yeonseo was like a mother to me." I nodded at his little murmuring. "Ne, wakateiru." My hand still brushing his hair back. "Too-san, is she alright?" Ren waved weakly at Shion's question.

"Sadly, she is not," Ren replied low, and Shion immediately caught on what it means. "She only has a few days," Shion assumed in which it earned a nodding from Ren.

[...]

We're back in Korea, Jeju-si, and we're on our way to the hospital where Lee Yeonseo got admitted to cancer treatment. His face looks anxious, and as soon as we arrived, he rushed to the reception desk, dragging me along.

"Sillyehamnida, uhh..., do you know the room for patient Lee Yeonseo? I got the news that she admitted to getting cancer treatment here in this hospital." Ren quickly asked, his words were messy, full of stammering. "Nde, jamsiman gidalyeojuseyo. What is the relationship between-"

"Hyung!!" I heard a man's voice with some rushing steps while seeing Ren turning around his head. "Lee Kangdae!!" A tall man hugged Ren; the man was slightly shorter than Ren, just by a few inches. "You must be Mina-ssi. Annyeong haseyo." The man bowed politely to me.

"Ah ye, you don't have to do that." I gestured a palm with my hand and "eommaneun eodi?" Ren quickly asked, with his hands cupping Kangdae's shoulders. "She's in room 2403. Come on, Hyung. I'll walk you there." Kangdae patted Ren's shoulder as we started to walk together, following this man named Kangdae.

"Uh..., Minari, this is Lee Kangdae. Lee Yeonseo's son." Kangdae held out his hand for a handshake, which I gladly took. "Hyung, jeongmal mianhae. I didn't get to say it to you sooner." Ren hissed, waving his head. "Aigo, gwaenchanh-a. Good thing that I can get here as soon as possible."

Their little chats made the walk to Lee Yeonseo's room felt very quick, and "after you Hyung." Kangdae opened the door for us to walk inside, and immediately, we found Lee Yeonseo, hairless, and her head is wrapped in with a bandage. "Ren?! Mina?!" We walked near the hospital bed, seeing Jeongyeon sitting on a chair beside Lee Yeonseo's hospital bed.