八 | Growing Old

Mina's POV

"Shion... Wake up, Shion." I tapped her shoulder, waking her up while she groaned, responding to my taps. "Come on, Shion. I've made your breakfast, Shion." She groaned again, but this time setting herself to sit up. "What time is it, kaa-san?" Her small hand rubbing her eye. "What's for breakfast, kaa-san."

"Omelette with toast, Shion." Shion nodded at my reply, and she got off from her bed, going straight to her bathroom. "Soto ni omachikudasaine, kaa-san." Her sleepy voice asking me to wait outside. I softly chuckled at her voice and walked myself outside of her bedroom to find Ren finished with his workouts.

"Owatta?" Ren nodded to my question. "Ne, today I have an online conference with Acme De La Vie." My head is slightly tilting. "ADLV?" My voice somewhat pitched. Ren hummed with some quick nodding, and we walked together towards the kitchen.

In the kitchen, Ren immediately went to the coffee bean jars, taking and then opening it to scoop, just enough for him to make a cup of coffee. "What time will your meeting starts at jagi?" He hummed with the coffee grinder sounds in the background. "Around 10, I believe, I hope it doesn't take too long." The coffee dust was poured into a Chemex with a coffee filter ready.

Ren then grabbed a kettle filled with hot water, pour in some water onto the coffee to make his coffee. I heard a door opening sound as I immediately turned around to find Shion coming out from her room, rushing towards the kitchen. "Ohayou, too-san, kaa-san." Shion setting herself to sit on the tall chair by the counter.

"Itadakimasu!!" Shion started to dig into her meal, and Ren finished brewing his coffee. "Here, Minari. I've made one cup for you too." Ren handed me one cup of coffee while planting a soft kiss to my cheek. "Arigatou, Shiragano." I tiptoed to reply to his soft kiss, kissing him back on his cheek.

"Have you prepared all your textbooks for today's subjects, Shion?" Ren asked while putting the cup to his mouth. "Ne, mochirondayo, too-san." Shion slicing her toasted bread and then scooping some eggs onto her bread. "Have you put all of your homework assignments inside?" I added another question. Shion nodded with a smile while still chewing her food.

"Ano... Kaa-san, about the cheesecake I requested yesterday." Shion called out her request from last night. "You don't have to make it today if you are not feeling like baking." Shion finished her breakfast quickly, and "iindayo, Shion. I'll make it for you today. You can have it tonight as a dessert." I brushed her hair back, and she set off, going to the sink to put her plates there.

"Asagohan wo kurete arigatou." Shion thanked after putting her dishes on the sink. Shion went immediately to grab her school bag and her shoes, setting herself to sit on the couch in the living room. I put my cup of coffee to my mouth, sipping carefully, but the coffee was still so hot that I burned my tongue.

I hissed at the burning pain caused to my tongue. "Haishh. It's still hot." Ren noticed this and caught me off guard, kissing me, and the pain slowly fades away. I hummed at the kiss he gave me while setting my cup to the counter just beside me. "Nice call, jagi," I said in between my soft moans from the kiss.

We pulled away, and I see him smirking at me. "You should do that whenever I burned my tongue again, Shiragano." I teased him, and he replied with his chuckle. "Yeah, I think I do." Ren then closed in for another kiss, and this time, we heard Shion shouting, going to school. "Too-san, kaa-san, ittekimasu!!"

We pulled away from our kiss, and "what time is it?" Ren asked with his grey eyes, staring at me. "We still have a lot of time until 10, Ren." I winked at him, and he chuckled back. "You know- maybe in the shower-" I walked my fingers on his naked chest, and "I can't refuse, can I?" I waved my head quickly, and "I guess I have no choice then." He tapped my nose and closed in his face to lean his forehead with mine.