09

The wind outside was blowing in a soft howl, the leaves rustling against each other, almost like the crackling sound of Eun Hye's flipping paper sliding against each other.

She closed her book, unable to concentrate on her story with the sound clashing with the silence of her room.

It was Sunday now, and when Eun Hye woke up to breakfast late in the morning, Jungkook was already out.

There was a note that rested on the kitchen table, a few scribe across the tiny white paper. Noted on it was Jungkook's whereabouts and how he wouldn't be back for dinner.

It was unusual to think that the maid let him out so easily, despite the fact that they just moved in the other day, and the very reason was to become closer with each other.

Eun Hye was just lucky she got away from the never ending of the maid's questions, almost interrogating her, during breakfast. Or rather untimely debriefing her about the soon to be completed mission-like plan. And she indistinctly acted such like to prevaricate as the maid pointed out more specific questions in a suggestive manner.

She was hoping for the time being of the maid's detailed examination about her, that she wasn't seen through of being evasive with her answers. Trying the slightest to change subjects in between bits and parts of her answer without being to obvious. Or avoiding the kinds of questions that got her to think, 'What really was the right thing to answer'. But, mostly, she prevented the maid from making her promise into any commitment that she would regret in the near future, even if that would make her parents proud.

No- there was no way she would go so far as to impress her parents. She never have and never will.

The maid was trying to unravel her mixture of feelings, her confusion and bent her conscience into thinking what she didn't want was really what she strives for.

Eun Hye wasn't ready to be committed to Jungkook with endearment, not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

The clock strucked past 1 in the afternoon, but it felt like forever since she woke up. It was the familiar boredom and loneliness that began creeping it's way back into Eun Hye. She didn't bother pushing past it, only because she knew that there was nothing that could possibly entertain her at the moment.

After rolling around the bed feeling each unworn corners of this mattress, Eun Hye stopped in the middle. She had the intentions of familiarizing her body of the stiffness of this thing that instead of rest, gave her darker under-eye bags. Her legs dangled off the high mattress, with her back laid in the comfort of the soft blankets and her arms spread lazily across the bed sheets.

She blew away the hair that had clung on to her face with static, watching from her peripheral vision as the thin strands of hair rise up and fall back gently beside her.

Eun Hye had her eyes focused on a tiny spot of the ceiling. It look like any other, but for the longest time she's been staring at it, she was able to differentiate it from the rest of her plain white ceiling.

She felt her eyes feeling hazy and heavy but on contrary, her mind was wide awake, unable to let her eyes shut just for a few seconds of rest.

Finally, with annoyance and boredom getting the best of her, she sat herself up and leaped of the bed swiftly landing on the floor. She wore a dress like yesterday, but today it was just a plain white dress, with precise flowering details on it. It flowed and swayed to the side as her light steps unconsciously took her back to the balcony.

She pressed her hands on the railing, leaning a safe distance outwards to get a better view of the garden. The arrangement of the planted flowers are a harmonious blend of beautiful colours. Eun Hye closed her eyes, feeling the warm breeze swim through her hair, bringing along the sweet scent of the flowers.