08

It was fall season, but the weather that brought soft warm air through Eun Hye's hair was like a mid summer's breeze. She brought her finger and combed her hair back, tucking a strand that had been bothering her.

"Hey, Eun Hye." Jungkook started without turning to face her.

"Mm? What is it?" She asked curious. She watched the side of his face, his snapback casting a shadow on the bridge of his nose. He was wearing a simple t-shirt with shorts, but even so, he still didn't fail to catch the attention of the many people walking pass.

The crowd watch in awe, admiring the spring-like couple that shared smiles with their short conversations.

"Do you have some sort of sleeping disorder?" He finally says, and faces her, his expression almost seems like he was recalling a memory.

Eun Hye's face drop for a split second.

"Excuse me?" She spoke with slight offence from his sudden question. She stops for a while, comprehending what his question meant, before looking back at him. "W-why?" Her words tremble with anxiety. She fear what might of happened during her sleep. She tend to act absentmindedly without much thought and most often, forget her careless gestures once she's fully awakens.

"It's just-" Jungkook stops mid sentence, wondering whether it was necessary to mention her unexpected behavior. "Never mind. It was just hard to wake you up."

Eun Hye sighed with relief and felt her breathing steady back at it's regular paste.

"O-oh. I was just tired, that's all." She reasoned out. It was the truth after all. She hadn't had much rest from the night before. Still, the unfamiliarity of her room bugged her.

It was roughly around 20 minutes since their departure to the grocery store, but ever since the short conversation they held a while ago, -if those short exchange of words were considered a conversation-, neither had said a word.

But their hands still rested in each other's, swaying as they continued down the streets. They could of let go awhile ago, knowing that the maid wasn't following them or any sort, but they grew comfortable as to how their hands intertwine perfectly with another, that they became subconscious of it.

As they carried on walking, there was a citrus-y smell blended with the sweet fragrances of flowers that clouded the air, tickling in Eun Hye's nose, but set a thin smile on her lips.

It triggered her to reminisce about the short period of time when she was young and took the love of her parent for granted.

It had became habitual for them to set out for a long car ride to the country side for a sunny picnic each Saturday. Past tense.

She was young then, just taking what was to offer to her; the endless attention from her parents. The way they would come running every time her tiny lips cracked into a frown and high pitch cries escaped from her. The warmth in their big hands compared to her's. And how it seemed to her that their time would always be dedicated to, and only to her. 

But she's old enough now, to know that the time had passed on. Their attention no longer revolves around her, and their attention is certainly been drawn out to something else. Something that she had a firm speculation of, held more importance than she did. Perhaps she just became a prop to them.

Eun Hye was jotted back to the present time when she felt a tight squeeze around her hands. She look up to face Jungkook giving another one of his unusual expression. She tilted her heads to the side. Was there just a bit of a worried glister in his eyes?