04

Yeon Ji observed her friend worriedly. She had been keeping an eye on Eun Hye since they entered the classroom. She watched as the girl absentmindedly copied down the lesson in a haphazard manner.

Eun Hye had been spacing out a lot, starring off with a distant expression. She was troubled with the obnoxious thought, the words of her father replaying in her mind. The very idea of the plan sickened her, but she couldn't stop herself from thinking about it. She felt like her father was trying to challenge her in something she would fail at. Arrange marriage. It had never surpassed her thoughts in anyway. 

But what had her mother said the past night? "Don't worry Eun Hye, I'm sure you know him, dear. As a matter of fact, he's one of your classmates." A classmate? Eun Hye had never develop any relationships with the students in her class that exceeds as meer classmates. She didn't know much about them. Other than the names of the students who had spoken to her once or twice. The Jeon family's business was one of the most well-know and wealthy, likewise the Lee's. But the only people she knew that came from a family of a large cooperation was Bae Yeon Ji and Kim Taehyung. She was suddenly puzzled with a new mystery.

"His name's J-" Eun Hye had cut her mother off before she even finished his name. She silently cursed at herself. But what would the difference be, whether to know his name or not. 

"YA! Jeon Jungkook, pay attention when I'm speaking to you!" 

Eun Hye snapped her head back to the outburst of Taehyung. Her eyes were wide and her thoughts were all over the place. Her face was distorted into a mix of different emotions as she abruptly stood up, the screeching of her chair caught the attention of the students.

"What's wrong Eun Hye-ah?" Yeon Ji was startled when Eun Hye suddenly got up.

Eun Hye didn't stop to answer the question and made her way to where Jungkook and Taehyung were seated. She wasn't exactly sure what she was doing but her legs just moved on it's own. Anxiety filled her system, but the curiosity over powered her and she continued without hesitation. 

The students watched in silents, anxious of her every step.

"What did you just say?" She asked at the surprised Taehyung who just stared wide eye at her.

"Umm, pay attention when I'm speaking to you...?" He wasn't sure whether he had spoken something that affended Eun Hye that caused her to act so quirky and was feeling uneasy with the question.

She shook her head to the side and faced Jungkook, who watched her with a clam poker face.

"I-Is your n-name..." Her curiosity suddenly dropped, and she wasn't feeling so confident about knowing the answer. She had always assumed he was rich and had good family background, but never did it cross her mind that he was- "Jeon... Jungkook?" 

Jungkook kept his face expressionless as he watched the girl in front of him. Her eyes had flicker a mix of emotions; confusion, lost, unsure, perhaps... anger? But it all disappeared as fast as it appeared. 

"Yea, what about it?" He had the least concern or interest in his voice.

"N-nothing." Eun Hye turned back and walked off the direction she came from. She was bewilder at the new discovery of her soon-to-be fiancé. 

"What was that all about?" Taehyung asked with a questionable look. "Does she actually not know your name?" He let out a scoff, not intending to offend or mock the younger boy beside him. Taehyung found this quite amusing as he continue teasing Jungkook.

The class resume not long after, once all the whisper quiet down. The teacher came back with a coffee in hand and the next lesson began.

Eun Hye was now even more troubled than she already was. Out of all the thousands of possibilities- why him?! He was someone who she despise and had wanted absolutely nothing to do with. Which mused her suddenly with a new thought, along with another question. Why does she hate him so much? Eun Hye trailed back in her thoughts, to the very beginning, when they first met.