The Snake King

We were all sitting in the dining room as Lloyd begins to tell us how he would defeat a Serpentine. Wu walks in with a package in his hand and walks around to sit at the head of the table.

"First, I'll stomp on his tail. Then when he turns, a thunder clap to his ears. Then when he's stunned, I'll disarm him." Lloyd says proudly. Cole scoffs.

"Too late, he's already hypnotized you and now you're under his control." Cole tells him.

"Or he's already put you in a squeeze." Zane suggests.

"Or spit on you with his hallucinatory venom. Trust me, bad stuff." Kai says and shakes his head. Lloyd now has a defeated look on his face as he looks over to Wu.

"Ah, Uncle, what's the best way to stun a Serpentine if you don't know what kind they are?" Lloyd asks.

"Sadly, it was the Sacred Flute you four carelessly lost." He sighs.

"Hey, no, no, no, we didn't lose it. Pythor stole it." Jay corrected him, waving his arms around.

"Whatever the case, without it I fear we have nothing to combat their powers." He says, pouring a cup of tea. "We may have prevented them from uniting in the past, but they will try again, and one day they will be stronger."

"Don't worry, Sensei. I've almost reached my full potential and when I become the Green Ninja, we're not gonna need any magic flute." Cole tells him confidently.

"You're gonna be the Green Ninja?" Kai begins to fake laugh. Stopping with a serious look on his face as he points at Cole. "Don't make me laugh."

"I thought it was decided that I was destined to become the Green Ninja." Zane says, pointing at himself. Jay laughs and puts a hand on his shoulder.

"Oh! The only thing decided about you, Zane, is that you're weird." Jay tells him and they all start arguing. Lloyd walks to the head of the table beside Wu.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. What's in the box?" Lloyd asks. Wu stands up, pulling the lid off the box.

"Your new uniforms." Wu says making the boys stop arguing and gasp. They all take their new uniforms and laugh, looking over the new design.

"Why is there another one?" I ask.

"Because that one is for you." He says.

"I thought it was decided that I would stay on the side lines, watching over Lloyd?" I ask, grabbing the sky blue suit.

"The ninja are most likely not gonna be very focused, so I need you there to ensure they don't mess up." He explains. I nod my head, admiring the suit just like the boys.

"Oh. Nothing for me?" Lloyd asks.

"Oh, um. You get, uh, the box?" Wu says, unsure. Lloyd's face falls as he goes to grab the box but the alarm goes off, interrupting all conversation. We all run to the bridge, trying to see what has happened.

"Sorry to break up the moment, boys, but a small fraction of our slithering friends are stirring up trouble over at Mega-Monster Amusement Park." Cole explained to everyone.

"Amusement park? Can I go? Can I go with you, please? Let me make things up. I can help." Lloyd told us all, running to stand in front of everyone, jumping up and down in excitement. He came to a stop in front of me with a pleading look in his eye. I gave him a sad smile and shook my head.

"I'm sorry, Lloyd. Not this time. There's too many snakes and I don't want them capturing you." I told him and he looked down sadly. "As soon as the danger is gone, we'll go together and get a bunch of candy, okay?" He nodded his head and groans, going to stand in between Nya and Wu.