Darkness Shall Rise

The boys and I were helping rebuild the city since we were part of the reason it was destroyed in the first place. Over the last three or four weeks Zane and I have been growing farther apart. It's my fault if I'm being honest. Ever since I saw what was underneath and when the static shocked me I've been thinking a lot. Thinking about how he needs someone like him, an android who could last forever, just like him. Not a fleshy person who could die any minute or get old.

"Hello...Emilia!" Cole shouted at me. I shook my head to get rid of my thoughts and looked at him. "Are you okay?" He asked me. I nod my head, trying my best to be convincing. "I don't believe you. We're gonna talk later, okay?" He put his hands on my shoulders and I nod again. Did I forget to mention that Cole and I have gotten closer? No? Well with the distance between Zane and I, I've been spending more time with the boys. I have gotten closer to Cole for some unknown reason. I sigh and start picking things off the street again.

"Anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help." Jay asked. Nya then came up to us and stopped on a motorcycle.

"And I have. I may have found us a place to live." She told us.

"Really? But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?" Jay asked her.

"I know a guy, who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy. Well, this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent, and she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift." Nya said.

"No. No, not really. That was really confusing." I admit. She laughs at me and turns back to Jay.

"And where are you going off to?" Jay asks her.

"We have to find a couple of components to fix the Ninja Tank, and my Dragon Ointment has finally arrived. It's a day's trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying once again. Also, I love scenic drives." He explains to us. He then starts laughing like a little kid. "Ha, ha. Punch it, Nya."

"Ay, ay, Sensei." Nya responds. She starts driving and Wu continues to laugh as they drive away.

" 'Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen'." Jay reads. "Ha, this is exactly what we need. Once we get a roof over our head, we can start properly training Lloyd."

"Good, 'cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks. And let's not forget, the Serpentine are still at large." Cole reminded us.

— —

We are with Patty Keys, you know, the real estate agent. She was showing us every place that is in our price range, which appears to be only one.

"This one bedroom, one half bath is a cozy dream. Who needs extras when everything is in arm's reach." She turns to Zane, Cole, and I, each of us wearing an unimpressed expression. "Now, wait until you see the lighting." She sings. She flips a switch and the lightbulb flickers a bit before it turns off and falls to the floor. She falters, not exactly expecting that to happen. "Uh, who needs lights when you have this view? Heh." She takes a couple steps closer to the window, pulling the blinds up to reveal a brick wall. I blink my eyes a bit, wondering how that would even happen. Lloyd then walks further into the apartment, looking around.

"Uh, why do I smell old people?" Lloyd asks.

"Look, doll, I'm trying to work around your budget. This is all you can afford." She snaps. Lloyd looks over to me as I narrow my eyes at Patty.

"Listen, lady. If you keep up that attitude towards my son you're gonna have way more problems than our budget." I spit at her. Her eyes widen slightly and I see her gulp in fear. "Yeah, that's right. Be afraid of me." I mumble. Cole laughed and put a hand on my shoulder.