15. Well, Don't Just Stand There

Author's Note: This is officially entirely written, with 25 chapters in all. Enjoy!

15. Well, Don't Just Stand There

Scott turned to him, looking eerily stiff. "Just stay calm, okay? No matter what he says."

He opened the door before Mitch could respond. Noah stepped through the threshold, kissing the blond harshly in greeting.

Then, he froze. "Oh. Mitch. I didn't know you were coming around." His eyes narrowed at him. "Been here long?"

Mitch shook his head. "Just came by to congratulate you guys. Wanted to wait around so I could tell you myself."

"Oh. Thanks, Mitch. Haven't seen you around much. Didn't know you two were hanging out. Now I know why Scott didn't want to come to dinner."

The tone was friendly, but held a layer of a threat, as Noah took a step closer to Scott and placed a hand around his waist from behind, kissing the back of his neck.

He looked right back at Mitch, as though gauging his reaction. Mitch held his gaze with a small smile, though he wanted to punch the man.

"I surprised him, actually. We've grown apart, that's for sure. But I definitely wanted to come by while I made my rounds to my senior friends."

The words stung as they left his mouth. He hated speaking them.

Scott stepped out of Noah's grasp, and the slightly larger man's eyes narrowed.

"Here, Mitch. I'll show you out. I know you had plans. I hope the first date goes well," Scott said with confidence, but widened his eyes at Mitch in warning, as though non-verbally telling him, This is going well, get out now while you still can.

Mitch nodded and stood. "Yeah, great. Hopefully I'll see you guys soon."

"Yeah, maybe before we move," Noah offered with feigned friendliness. Mitch's heart fell.

"Yeah, hopefully. Bye, guys."

The door shut behind him, but Mitch didn't move.

"What the actual fuck was that?" Mitch could hear the growl of Noah's voice, clear as day, through the thin door.

"He told you. He was coming by to tell us- ow."

Mitch's eyes widened.

"Well, that's not good. Looks like Scott's gonna get it," a familiar voice whispered. Mitch jumped six feet in the air, he was sure, and turned to face the voice.

Scott.

Smiling at him in a teasing way.

"What are you doing here?"

The blond hallucination shrugged. "I told you. If he goes, I go. If he stays, I stay. You decided that today was the day you would cozy back up to him, so here I am. Luckily I have Noah now, to help me to get my point across."

"You have no control over Noah."

"Sure. Let's keep thinking that."

Noah's voice spoke again. "You know better than to be alone with anyone. You know how that annoys me."

"He thought you were here. Please, let go."

A soft thud rang in Mitch's ears, as though something had been pushed against the wall.

"See? I bet that was Scott's head hitting the wall. I bet this guy beats the shit out of him. And who knows what he does to him in bed-."

"Shut up," Mitch urged through clenched teeth, trying not to think about that.